Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Please help me as well. I have purchased the printer in Saudi Arabia but now I moved to India and the printer is not accepting the cartridges of this region. Kindly Help!

Model No: Deskjet 2050A - J510h series All-in-one printer

Cartridge previously used: HP 122

Local cartridge for same printer (incompatible): HP 802

HP Recommended

Betty,

I am trying to run the region/country reset option as well.  I am using the HP Smart app on my Windows 10 machine, connected directly into the printer (also connected via ethernet if that matters).  When I go to Ctrl-Shift-Right Click, it doesn't do anything (the window acts like it is a web page).  Right-clicking to the left/right of the Estimated Ink Levels window does not open the Set New Region window either.

Am I using the wrong app to manage my printer?  Or do I need to do something differently to reset my region?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

How can i change my country/ region without any computer?

HP Recommended

Hi there,

I have moved from the USA to the UK and brought my HP4655 printer with me (I'm running Windows 10 on my PC). I've replaced the ink cartridges with ones sourced from HP UK but have been given an error message.

After looking through this forum it looks to me that I need to input HP supplied some codes to make the ink and printer compatible again - please can you provide them to me? Here are some of the details from my printer:

Printer SN: *************
Total Page count: 4466
TriColor Cart ID: 4AC9325000343287
Black Cart ID: 201068025C404F89
RX(last 4 digits): 0000

Thanks

HP Recommended

I have the same problem with an ENVY Photo 7800 printer. Purchased in the USA, it uses HP64 cartridges but now in Italy where I moved, the HP303s are used. I contacted HP support following the procedure and sent the requested data. Support sent me the regional setting codes but they don't work.

I seem to follow the procedure correctly, I used the USB cable to connect the printer and entered the 5 sequences of 4 numbers in boxes 41, 42, 43, 44 and 45 but it gives me an unspecified error.

Printer SN: TH06IFV0YW
Total Page Count: 48
TriColor Cartridge ID: 30449D822A3C4D57
Black Cartridge ID: 0069BC8257400F59
RX (last 4 digits): 0000

this is the sequence that HP support gave me:

box 41: 0417
box 42: 5477
box 43: 2564
box 44: 0353
box 45: 0971

can someone help me ?

HP Recommended

Printer SN: [Personal Information Removed]
Total Page Count: 2318
Magenta Ink SN: 675448
Cyan Ink SN: 814200
Yellow Ink SN: 1211040
Black Ink SN: 1730940
RX(last 4 digits): 0000

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.