Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy 5052

I moved to a different country - how do I reset my printer region so I can buy compatible ink cartridges (for HP Envy 5052 in UK)?

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@EmmaTW

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Yes, we'll have to do a region reset.

To do a printer region reset you need to meet the following conditions:

1. The printer should be connected using a printer USB cable to the computer.

2. You need to have the printer full feature software installed on your computer. Also, let us know the Operating System installed on your Computer.

3. You need to have all the cartridges either from the region from where the printer was purchased originally or the new region to which you want to reset it to.

Please do let us know.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello

I have got the printer USB cable and full set of cartridges for UK region (304 black and 304 colour). I have downloaded the HP Smart software.

My operating system is: Windows 10 (64-bit).

Please let me know what I need to do next?

Thanks

Emma

HP Recommended

Great 🙂

1. Launch the printer software from the desktop icon or, from the Start menu, click Start, All Programs, HP, the Product Name, and then the Product Name again.

2. Double-click the Estimated Ink Levels icon in the printer software. The Estimated Ink Levels window opens.

3. Press and hold the CTRL and SHIFT keys, and then right-click anywhere in the Estimated Ink Levels window, except for a button. The Set New Region window opens.

4. If the Set New Region window fails to open, right-click to the right and left of the Estimated Ink Levels window.

Use the "Copy to Clipboard" feature to paste the values here or take a screenshot of the screen and send it to me in private.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" on my public post, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Betty

Thanks but the Set New Region window does not open.

How do I send you a private message (with photo of the screen)?

Thanks

Emma

HP Recommended

Do you have the values with you?

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Betty

This is what I see on the screen:

A0666002-FA83-4938-9CDA-1C479AE79F54.jpeg

Please, please let me know how to change the printer region so I can use UK ink now that I have moved.

Thanks in advance

Emma

HP Recommended

Hi Betty

The only values I see on that screen are 65XL (the current ink in the printer - that I cannot buy in the UK).

And - Pages you print each month on average: 29.

Does that help?

I need to change the printer region so I can buy ink here in the UK - I think it will be HP304. Please can you help?

Thanks

Emma

HP Recommended

The screenshot you sent is from the HP Smart App. My steps were meant for the normal software of the printer.

Here are the steps for HP Smart App:

1.) Connect the printer via USB:

2.) Launch HP Smart and click the product ink levels to open the Supported Cartridges window.

3.) Clicking ink levels in HP Smart

Hold down the CTRL and SHIFT keys and then right-click on the empty area to the right of the ink levels.

4.) Clicking to the right of the ink levels

The Set New Regions window opens.

Use the "Copy to Clipboard" feature to paste the values here or take a screenshot of the screen and send it to me in private.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" on my public post, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.