Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I want to print from an iPad to an HP Deskjet 2320 printer using a USB cable because it has no wifi.
I installed the HP Smart app on the iPad but the problem is that it doesn't recognize the printer when I plug in the usb cable? The application only offers me to add a network printer.
Is the printer incompatible with the iPad?

Thanks for your help

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @Lankward,

Welcome to the HP Support Community

I understand you are facing a connectivity issue with your HP DeskJet 2320 All-in-One Printer. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.

To answer your question: As you mentioned the printer has no wireless feature, hence you can try connecting it to a PC directly using a USB cable, but you may try the below steps to check if you are able to print from your iPad.

1. Turn on your printer and connect one end of the USB cord to your printer and the other end to the USB OTG cord. Plug the other end of the USB OTG cord into your iPhone or iPad.

2. A pop-up should appear on your iPhone or iPad - tap "OK."

3. Then, on your iPhone or iPad, go to the document you wish to print and tap the Share button.

4. In the Share menu, select the "Print" option.

5. The connected printer should appear next to "Printer" on the Printer Options page.

6. Tap "Print" in the upper-right corner.

7. Check if you are able to print.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ANAND_ANDY
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello and thank you for the reply
Currently I don't have the iPad with me.
The last time I did the manipulation, I did not have the presence of a pop-up window but I will try again soon, thank you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.