Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
DeskJet 3755 All-In-One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am trying to re setup my printer and keeps asking for a custom password which i don't remember ever setting up.

Please help

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi@kcburk1,

, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Request you to follow the below troubleshooting steps

Then proceed as follows to restore the printer's factory settings :

WARNING: Restore Defaults restores all network and product settings to their default values and also deletes the fax header name, phone number and all faxes stored in the product memory. This procedure also deletes the fax directory and any pages that are stored in memory. The procedure then automatically restarts the product.
  1. Open the control panel (drag the top panel tab down from any screen, or touch the panel area on the Home screen).
  2. On the control panel, touch Setup icon ().
  3. Touch Printer Maintenance, and then touch Restore.
  4. Touch Restore default settings and touch Continue.
    The product restarts automatically.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

Found a much simpler solution via search...PIN is located on the back of the printer, but the error message kept asking for a password.

HP Recommended

Hi@kcburk1,

I appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve this issue by performing the necessary troubleshooting steps.

If the issue persists, please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.