Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8610
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have the Instant Ink service for my personal laptop. Been working form home and want to set up my company laptop to the same printer. When I went to link up my comp. laptop to the my printer, the driver download page wants me to set up an account. Do I need to set up two accounts to print to the same printer from two different computers? Or can I keep my single Instant Ink account and print from multiple devices?.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

You may keep your single account, to log on your existing account or for the HP Smart app, or to install the printer software.

If you refer to the HP Smart option, it is possible that the Microsoft Store requires an account to install:

https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9wzdncrfhwlh

You may also follow HP Easy Start below, follow the listed steps and any logon option can be skipped, within the Software Selection screen be sure to select the Basic or Full Feature Software option:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/COL56399/HPEasyStart_13_4_8.exe

If you experience further issues, please include a screenshot of the exact error message to better understand it in context.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Thank you for your very prompt reply. I wasted so much time on this issue yesterday to no avail that I am behind in my work now. I'm also taking a few days off and going out of town with family starting tomorrow, so I won't be able to try and implement your proposed solution right now. When I get some time, I'll try it and see if it works and let you know one way or the other how it went.

Thanks again!

---sobo

HP Recommended

You're much welcome @sobo1959, please let me know of any further need whenever applicable, in the meantime wishing you a great time during the days off with family! (-:

Cheers,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.