Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 5745 All-In-One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

While using the printer assistant, it only shows the ability to print and fax, but not to scan which it previously had the ability to do. I uninstalled the printer and reinstalled after downloading the complete driver package from HP.com. When installing, it hangs after 1 of 5 and gives the error message of "Can't find OJ574x64.msi or similar and won't go any further.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Rascaljay, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I understand that you are having some issues with the Software for your HP OfficeJet 5745 e-All-in-One Printer. I can help you with that.

To start, make sure the printer is plugged directly into a wall outlet and not a surge protector. Once done:

1. Click on Start and in the search bar type in %temp% and press Enter.
  2. In this folder find the folder with a name that starts with 7Z.
  3. Open the util/ccc folder.
  4. Run L3_uninstall.bat.
  5. Restart your PC.
  6. Download and install the latest drivers for your printer by clicking on this link.

Keep me posted. Happy to help!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.