Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Elitebook DESKTOP-N6924QR
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I've had my HP Deskjet 3720 for several years and it always worked fine. Since my old laptop died, I got a second hand HP Elitebook/Utrabook. My printer seemed to install pretty fast, but when I ask it to print something, it takes 5 or 10 minutes before it actually prints. Or it doens't do anything at all.

Since I travel a lot, I want to connect with the usb cable. This is when I have the problems. Just for a test I used the wireless connection at home and than it prints very well and fast as always.

To see if maybe just per chance at the same time as my computer died it is my printer itself that has old-age problems, I got myself a identical printer that was hardly used. But I experience exactly the same problem.

When opening the printer settings in Windows, it sais below the printer name 'driver is unavailable'.

I have tried a lot of times to reinstall the printer, used HP Smart, HP doctor.. 

Who can help me please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Gaatje ,

Try to install with the next driver:

https://support.hp.com/nl-nl/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-deskjet-3700-all-in-one-printer-series...

* Click on YES button   to say thanks, 

* Click on the button Accepted Solution if the question is answered.

Best regards, 

ferRX.

dodecaedron

@ferRX / I am a volunteer posting answers on my own time.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @Gaatje ,

Try to install with the next driver:

https://support.hp.com/nl-nl/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-deskjet-3700-all-in-one-printer-series...

* Click on YES button   to say thanks, 

* Click on the button Accepted Solution if the question is answered.

Best regards, 

ferRX.

dodecaedron

HP Recommended

Thank you so much ferRX!!!

You are amazing!

HP Recommended

Great 😊, nice to know the driver worked !.,.,.,.,

Bedankt, tot ziens!"

Best regards, 

ferRX.dodecaedron

HP Recommended

Thank you but the link does not work, it generates a File Corrupted response

HP Recommended

Hello FerRX. Happy new year!

I'm at my parents now and want to connect to their printer, HP Photosmart 2710 all-in-one. This printer has the same driver problem when connecting to my laptop. Could you please send me a link for this printer?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.