cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Driver is unavailable

HP Recommended
OfficeJet 3830
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP OfficeJet 3830 all-in-one. Worked fine two days ago. Yesterday I got a "driver is unavailable" error. I tried removing and re-adding the printer, which didn't work. Tried resetting the printer to factory defaults and reconnecting it, which didn't work.  I am out of ideas. Need help quickly.

4 REPLIES 4
3 3 0 0
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same problem. I have not been able to use my printer now in weeks. I have uninstalled the software, uninstalled the printer in Settings/Printers, uninstalled the driver in Device Manager, and when I try to uninstall the driver in the printer server under Settings/Printers, I get told that the driver is in use. Windows Troubleshooter reports it can't see the printer on the network, but... it is seen on the network just fine. No firewall, no proxies, the connection type is set to home, Print Spooler & networking services are all enabled. 

This looks like a bug, so it really doesn't surprise me that no staff has answered your question. It would be nice to know if this is a bug from the last update (I think it is since this didn't start happening until the last update), and, if so, if it is being worked on and what the anticipated time frame for completion would be. 

0 Kudos
3 3 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I've now reset the printer through EWS. Same results as before. So everything has been uninstalled, reinstalled, reset, etc. and this is the same result every time. 

rollerskate_0-1610639560617.pngrollerskate_1-1610639567288.png

https://ibb.co/rG50y8C

https://ibb.co/p4sN7t5 

0 Kudos
Author
3 1 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yep, me too. Weirder still is that I have a second printer, identical make and model, that the same computer has no driver problem with.

0 Kudos
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have done all that you have and still unable to print from an OJ3831. Have been on the case for days. I can get it to print from some of my network PC's but not my laptop. The laptop will print if connected on USB however.

Would chuck it out but cannot afford anew printer (definitely non HP)

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation