Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Photo 7155 All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I lost the setup on my desktop for my Envy Photo 7155 and have been trying to get it up and running again on my wifi network.  No matter which path (including HP Smart) I take to get it set up, I am told it is set up but then tries to install a driver.  The end result is a printer with the "Driver is not available" note in the Printers and Scanners app.  The strange thing is I can print to this printer from my laptop, my wife's laptop and her desktop but not from my desktop which is all of 3 feet from the printer.  Has anyone else run into this situation?  Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@RBF63 

Welcome to the HP Community Forum.

Try (again) the uninstall / reinstall of the printer software - this time add the steps in the Check and Remove Section (example included later in this message).

Start here

If you can stand it,

Restart Everything, including the router that controls your network.

At the least, Restart the computer exhibiting the problem and the printer.

==============================

Printer Software - Install - Full Feature Software

If you have not done so, consider

If the software is already installed and you want to "reinstall":

Uninstall the printer software from Programs and Features

Restart the computer and log in

Check that all the pieces of the printer software have been removed - if anything is deleted, Restart computer and log in

Add steps "Check and Remove"

Check_and_Remove_Section_4Check_and_Remove_Section_4

Next,

Download, Save, (then) Install new copy of the printer software

After the software in installed, Restart the computer and log in

Details Page - Driver - For your Printer

>>> Full Feature Software - Web Pack Installation Package - Information - Download  <<<

HP ENVY Photo 7100 All-in-One Print and Scan Driver and Accessories 

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

References / Resources / Examples

Example - Windows - Full Feature Software - Installed

Programs_and_Features_Printer_Desktop_Icons_11Programs_and_Features_Printer_Desktop_Icons_11

HP Printer Home Page - References and Resources

Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic Subtopic

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guides, Product Information (Specifications), Supplies, and more

Open

HP ENVY Photo 7155 All-in-One Printer 

Thank you for participating in the HP Community --

People who own, use, and support HP devices.

Click Yes to say Thank You

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thanks for the information but all of these actions are for Windows 11 and I am still on Windows 10.  I have used HP Smart, HP Easy Start and 123.HP.Com in trying to resolve this issue but am still getting a "Driver is unavailable" message.  I also tried HP Print and Scan Doctor and that ended up with the message that the driver is not there.  I did download the full webpack for my printer but have not been able to get that to install yet.  I will keep working on it.  I double checked our other systems this morning and as I mentioned yesterday, the printer is installed on our two laptops and another desktop and seems to be working fine.  It just won't connect to my desktop which is where it has been connected since I bought it four years ago.  I ran sfc and DISM today in hopes that there might be a corrupted file somewhere but nothing showed up on either one.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.