Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
LAPTOP-CIRTKHPH
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HI. 

About a week ago i went to print something on my Deskjet all in one 2600 series printer and it said it was out of paper, it wasnt, I tried all the usual things, but i haven't been able to get it to work since, using my laptop.. I can print from my phone. I have removed the device and tried to re install it but it just says driver not found... it is picked up during a search for devices and i have it connected to my wifi. I have downloaded the software via the HP website and i am still out of luck... When i go to print something now it just says printer in an error state... 

Any help would be appreciated, this is very frustrating as one day it was working fine, the next i cant use it! 

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@NT2020

Welcome to the HP support community.

Use HP Print and Scan Doctor to check connectivity

Download HP Print and Scan Doctor.

1. Run HPPSdr.exe from the download location on your computer.

2. Once HP Print and Scan Doctor opens, click Start, and then select your printer.

• If your printer is not in the list, turn it off and on, and then click Retry.

• If there is a connection problem, follow the instructions in HP Print and Scan Doctor.

3. If a screen prompts you to turn on printer updates, click Yes.

4. If a screen prompts you to make your printer the default printer, click Yes.

5. Try to print.

Assign a manual IP address and that should fix the issue.

A Network Configuration Page lists important network settings such as network status and the printer IP address.

1. On the printer's control panel, press the Wireless button  and the Information button  at the same time.

Setting a Static IP Address

Once you know your printer’s IP address from the page you printed, entering it is pretty easy. Here’s what you do:

HP Printer Static IP Address

1. Run your Web browser.
  2. In the Web browser’s address bar, type the IP address of your printer and press Enter. Assuming you entered the right address, the HP printer control panel should appear.
  3. Click the Networking tab.
  4. Under Connections, click Wireless.
  5. Under IP Address Configuration, click Manual IP.
  6. Enter the IP address, subnet mask, and default gateway in the appropriate boxes.
  7. Click Apply.

You can refer this HP document for more assistance:- Click here

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for responding. I have tried it all and it still says driver not found and i cant print... 

I had already installed the HP doctor, two printers show which have the same IP address and name, picture looks slightly different. One says installed, one says not installed. I have tried to make the installed one as default as per one of your steps and it wont let me. 

I followed the HP doctor process for installing the one that says not installed, it says it was successful, yet still wont show as installed... 

Ive included a couple of photos.....

Thanks again, HP Doctor product choiceHP Doctor product choiceno driver.jpg

HP Recommended

@NT2020

Perform root level uninstallation to remove all the printer related software's.

• In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
  • Select your HP printer.
  • Select Uninstall.
  • In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
  • In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
  • Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
  • Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
  • Click on Drivers tab.
  • Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
  • Select OK.
  • Remove all instances of the same.
  • Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
  • Close Devices and Printers. 
  • Restart the PC again.

Download and install printer full feature driver

Click here to download the driver.

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Good Evening. I have completed those tasks, the printer is now showing as installed but shows "error" on the printers and scanners settings page, and when I try and print it just says printer in error state.. 

Appreciate your help so far.. whats next?! 

Nicola 

HP Recommended

@NT2020

This might require remote access to the computer to fix the issue.

I request you to talk to HP support.

They might have multiple options to help you with this.

1. Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true
  2. Select the country.
  3. Enter the serial of your device.
  4. Select the country from the drop-down.
  5. Click on "Show Options".
  6. Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you, i did try that at the very start but i do not get a web form option! Just a virtual assistant and HP Community... it is very frustrating.. i have 5 days left on its warranty if there is something wrong with the printer, albeit i doubt it as it does print using my phone. Don't suppose you know of an email address for HP support as i cant complete a web form for some reason?

Thanks

HP Recommended

@NT2020

I am sending you a private message with the steps to talk to HP support. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.