Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet 2620
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Dear community members,

I'd like to subscribe to the Instant Ink Printing Plan. One of the steps to get there requires to open the Web Services settings inside the EWS browser. But as per the screen info, that function is locked by the 'administrator'. To unlock I need to type the admin's user credentials which I don't have. I suppose the username is 'admin' but I'm not sure. I don't know where to find or how to reset the password. Or how to disable this whole blocker. I'm 100% sure that I never created an account inside the EWS browser. I already spent a full day on the phone with the local HP support, we tried to get this running on two different Macs and one iPhone, always with the same issue that at a certain point in time I have to access the web services which I can not. I installed, removed and re-installed the required software. The printer works fine, its connection to my Wifi network is working 100% well, but can't subscribe to the printing plan. Why does this step need to be so difficult? Thanks a lot in advance! Cheers, Daniel. 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@DanielB2, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Have you checked if you have a sticker on the cartridge access door that has a PIN?

Open the cartridge access door to check the same.

Let us try to reset the printer to its factory settings to reset the EWS page credentials.

Power off the printer.

While powering on the printer, press and hold the Resume and Color Copy buttons and release them.

Now, connect the printer to the wireless network and print a wireless test page to obtain the IP address of the printer.

Try to access the EWS page of the printer.

If the above reset did not work, unplug the AC Adapter from the printer, Next Press Power Button + Cancel button while connecting the Power cable. 

Now try to access the EWS page after connecting the printer to the wireless network.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Kumar, thanks a million for your reply, I really appreciate. The HP support agents already asked me as well, whether there is anywhere a label on the printer with the pin code. Unfortunately not. There are four labels in total, one on the back with the serial n°, one in the front with the product name and two at the cartridge access door: one showing how to insert the cartridges and one specifying the required ink type with a QR code. Nothing like a 8 digit pin code. One of the agents also took me through this wireless reset and unplug/re-plug procedure; again not resolving the issue. But just a few moments ago I spoke with a third agent and he offered to replace the entire printer because they believe there is a specific problem with this specific printer. I should get the new one on August 20th in exchange to the current one. I'll keep you informed about the outcome. In every case, and that's just my personal opinion, you should fire the guy who wrote the software without having added a standard user/password reset function inside. Also have a word with your product testers who allowed such a version to get released to market. Have a nice day as well! Cheers, Daniel.

HP Recommended

@DanielB2

Thank you for the feedback. It will be forwarded to the respective team in HP. Glad to know that the printer is being replaced.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Dear Kumar, this is just to inform you that I asked HP in the UK to close the ticket. The replacement printer arrived today and I could get it to work easily. I could also subscribe to instant ink, it went all so totally easy. The first printer had definitely a problem. It was great that this replacement was offered and that I was not asked to spend further hours on the phone, always running through the same test routines with no positive result. Have a nice day. Cheers, Daniel.

HP Recommended

@DanielB2

Glad to know that the issue is now resolved and you a working replacement printer. Feel free to contact us with any concerns related to HP products.

Happy to help!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.