Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have mac OS Mojave 10.14.5and my printer is hp DeskJet ink Advantage 4670 All-in-one model 4675 

I have tried your recommendation and everything else I have read here and the message is there and it is not printing but I have made a change on my internet service I had cooper and now Optic fiber, and I was connected to a Reuter and now to a switch

I appreciate your time and effort

HP Recommended

One possibility is that the printer's server certificate has expired. This issue is very similar to one that has been seen on some inkjet projects.  The solution for that issue is in the document "'Encryption Credentials Expired' Error Displays".

URL to document

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06447928

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers.

I am HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi Kumar, I have tried your solution three times and I am still getting the Encryption Credentials message. I have a 3831 printer.

Derek Perrin
HP Recommended

@Derek_Perrin8 

See this post: "Encryption Credentials have expired." when attempting to print or scan from Mac OS or iOS devices.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printers-Knowledge-Base/quot-Encryption-Credentials-have-expired-quot-...

It goes through generating a new certificate as well as picking a different print queue.

I am HP Employee
HP Recommended

The solution worked, however, why should I have to go through this every time I want to print?!  That is what's happening to me!  WHAT A PAIN!!!!

HP Recommended

Yes!  This!  When I added my printer, it defaulted to "secure airprint."  Went back and changed it to airprint and it worked!  Thank you!

HP Recommended

These instructions were helpful to allow printing from my new iMac.

Thank You!

HP Recommended

Have you saved your configuration? 

HP Recommended

@DKE32 Can you please provide the printer model you are using?   Can you please provide the steps that you are doing to arrive at the message?

We are not able to reproduce the issue you are seeing in our lab. 

I am HP Employee
HP Recommended

Printer used :- HP Envy 4520

Steps:  Issue a print command from iMac with usual command P instruction. 

Nothing further to add, it comes up at random.  

Hope that helps.  BTW I didn't receive any advice from HP regarding this, but Apple were more value to me.  

Regards

barnhouse21 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.