Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Envy 4450 printer will only print PDF's in greyscale whilst test sheets etc are reproduced in colour.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @robertlinda

Welcome to HP Support Community. This is a great place to get support find answers.
Thank you for posting your query, I will be more than glad to help you.

To assist you better may I have the exact model name of the HP product?

Refer to this link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_2039298-1862169-16

for steps to find the product details. Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Rainbow23 - HP Support.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @robertlinda

Welcome to HP Support Community. This is a great place to get support find answers.
Thank you for posting your query, I will be more than glad to help you.

To assist you better may I have the exact model name of the HP product?

Refer to this link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_2039298-1862169-16

for steps to find the product details. Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

the printer is an envy 4451, product no  K7G89A  l [Personal Information Removed] FPU no G0V47-64003  hope this helps! 

HP Recommended

Hi @lrobertlinda
Thank you for replying to us.

Please follow the steps listed below to uninstall and reinstall the drivers.

Step 1: Please follow the steps to uninstall the drivers from this link 

Step 2: Download and install the drivers from this link

Let me know if this helps.
Take care and have a great day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Hi @robertlinda

That's great! Happy to hear that.

If you need further assistance, feel free to reach out to us and we will be more than happy to help you.

Take care and have a great day ahead!

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.