Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
ENVY 6020
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Windows 10 64bit and HP Smart.

The app on the android shows everything is fine and i believe that one to be working fine.

The app on the PC shows printer status unknown.

When I click it, it goes to the printer status page which shows the printer is off line.

This is not the case.

Instant Ink is able to read every thing. If I got to the printers web address  in my browser all is fine.

If I turn off the printer it shows as offline.

When I turn the printer on it shows as online and displays the ink levels.

Here is where its strange. It also shows low ink.

Then within seconds it reverts to printer status unknown.

HP instant ink and the app on the android show the ink levels as ok.

I have uninstalled the PC app and reinstalled it but still the same problem.

Since everything else is ok its not really causing me any grief but,

in a bit picky for everything working as it should. 

So would like to try and get this sorted.

On a  side note my printer came with 3 missing rubber feet pads. 2 front and 1 back.

Who do I complain to about that ?  🙂

Any help would be most appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

To add to this most strange problem.

Today  I  noticed if I open the paper tray the status changes and tells me there a paper problem and displays the ink levels.

So I guess the work around is just to open the paper try :lol

Ken

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.