Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet 3722 All-in-One Printer

I loaned my printer to my mom a while ago and she recently bought a new one so I got mine back, while she was using mine everything was put in her name.  Her instaink and hp account was all in her name. Now that I have the printer back I can't get it set up. I need to do a factory reset on it so I can set it up. I've looked everywhere trying to find how to reset it but I have had no luck. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello Amylou34 ,

Run this link:

https://smarthomestarter.com/how-to-reset-an-hp-deskjet-printer/

Excellent Day.

Bernard42.
HP Recommended

Bernard's link requires access to the printer through the embedded web server.  How is a reset accomplished without accessing the printer through EWS - that's the whole point of the reset... to gain access to the printer that I'm locked out of.

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hello @BobinPalmer,

You will have to uninstall the old driver, delete the name of your printer in Program and Progam (86). Follow the uninstallation procedure that I give you. Download the full HP driver for your printer: In :

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-deskjet-3700-all-in-one-printer-series/8954253/m...

Choose this driver, for download and installation:

40.16.1234102.6 MBMar 14, 2022Download

Firmware :

001.2218A4.3 MBJul 26, 2022Download

The problem comes from the old driver. It did not install all printer operation menus. You will have to uninstall the old driver with the procedure that I recommend, without using any software specific, for uninstallation, only follow the procedure. Then install the new full HP driver attached below:

You have to uninstall the old driver in the Windows Control Panel, in "Programs and Features", then right click on the printer line, "remove".

Delete all occurrences that you will find in: Program and Program X86, then, in the Control Panel, right click on your old printer (If it is still there, chances are it is no longer there) the "Remove" if it is present.

Restart the PC. Connect the printer to the power supply, turn it on, then connect a USB cord 1) on the PC side,     2) on the printer you

Connect to USB, during installation ONLY when prompted.( Towards the end of the installation).

Start installing your printer, by right-clicking on the Setup. driver exe installed, installed ''en

as administrator'', let the printer install itself, at the end, restart the PC.

To create a shortcut on the Windows desktop, (to have access to your printer), open the Windows Control Panel, right click on the icon of your

new printer, create a shortcut, yes, on the desktop.

A new shortcut has been created on the Windows desktop.

Open the Windows desktop, left-click on the new shortcut that has been created,

A printer menu appears (See below) with "ink levels", possibility : print, scan, fax, numériser.

If it works, you can delete the old shortcut on the Windows desktop.

Bernard42_0-1679055933435.jpeg

Here's how to access the Control Panel, for those they don't have the shortcut :

Bernard42_1-1679055933440.jpeg

*Turn on your printer, print a test page, by clicking on "Customize your Printer",

''Print a test page''.

That's it, your printer is working again.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue,

it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Best regards,

Bernard42.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.