cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
hummy
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Filter Failed Error

HP Recommended
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

Hello

Whenever i tried to take print from MacBook air 2017 with DeskJet 2130, i recieved the message filter failed.  I tried all the given solution. 

1 REPLY 1
Kumar0307
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
22,341 22,342 1,620 1,906
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@hummy, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I understand you are not able to print due to this error. This seems like a software issue. 

Which application are you trying to print from?

Have you tried printing a PDF document or emails/webpages to check if the error persists?

Follow the steps below: 

  

Remove the printer 

1. Click the Apple menu, click System Preferences, and then click Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners. 

2. Check if your printer name displays in the Printers list, If your printer is listed, click the printer name, click the minus sign to delete the printer. 

3. If you see multiple printer queues for the same printer, remove all extra printers by selecting them one at a time, and then clicking the minus button  at the bottom of the list. 

Check for any software updates on MAC

Click the Apple icon > About This Mac > Software Update and install any available update.

Download and install the printer driver

Click here to download.

Update the printer firmware

Click here to download and install the latest printer firmware from your MAC.

Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.

  

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation