Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Pro MFP M128fw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am trying to upgrade the firmware of my HP LaserJet Pro MFP M128fw using the latest firmware file available on the website. The firmware datecode on my printer is 20180130 and I'm trying to update it to 20200602 as mentioned in the website. But when I run the installer it shows as if the installer is installing the firmware but after the installation completes I see no change in the firmware of my printer. It still shows the same old firmware datecode and not the new one. I tried restarting the printer, and my desktop to try again but to no avail. Can anyone please help me with this? Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Sashaank I suggest you make use of this method to update the firmware using the printer control panel (for network-connected printers only), and to set the printer to automatically update the firmware when new updates become available.

The printer must be connected to the internet to update the firmware via a network connection.

NOTE: 

The steps vary according to the type of control panel.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.