Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Autocad produced PDF file, Prints perfectly at A4 via Chrome or Edge. Same file printed at A3 from Chrome or Edge Colours arn't printed and lines are all  jagged, stepped. Same File printed from my laptop at A3 comes out perfectly. Uninstalled printer , downloaded and installed latest drivers. Problem still persists. Seams to be a problem with my PC rather than printer itself, probably the drivers. I did about 20 A3 printouts with an empty black cartridge and pressing the option to only use colour. All these problems seam to have started when I put a new HP black cartridge in. Printer is a OfficeJet Pro 7720. It all worked correctly prior to using the option to use the coloured inks while I had a un-usable black cartridge?bad_printing.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I resolved this problem by completely removing the print driver following the instructions on this website,

https://pureinfotech.com/remove-printer-driver-windows-10/

then re-installing the print drivers from scratch.

HP Recommended

@GorgeousGates

Welcome to the HP support community.

Good to know that issue is resolved.

Feel free to contact us in the future if you need any assistance.

Cheers

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.