Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about cartridges, Click here to check it out!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I bought my HP printerject 1510 years ago and  now want to scan some documents to my email.  I use to have the ICON  on my desk top but my sysytem was reset yeterday . I want to create it again where i have the option to scan to my email, or scan to my computer., scan as an attachment. I went to 123.Hp.com but it will only down load the printer to my desk top. where is the function to scan, please advise.

Thanks

LeZell Davis 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Lezell412,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

To set up scanning functionality for your HP DeskJet 1510 printer, especially to scan documents and send them to your email or computer, follow these steps:

1. Reinstall HP Software

Download HP Smart Software:

• Visit HP's Software and Driver Downloads page and search for your HP DeskJet 1510.
  • Download and install the HP Smart app or the HP Printer Software (this is often labeled as "Full Feature Software and Drivers").

Run the Installer:

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation. This should reinstall the necessary software for scanning and other functionalities.

2. Set Up Scanning with HP Smart App

Open HP Smart App:

• Once installed, open the HP Smart app on your desktop or mobile device.

Add Your Printer:

• If your printer isn’t already added, click on the + or Add Printer button in the HP Smart app and follow the prompts to add your HP DeskJet 1510.

Access Scanning Features:

• Click on the Scan option within the HP Smart app.

Configure Scan Settings:

• Select the type of scan you want to perform (e.g., Scan to Email or Scan to Computer). Configure settings such as file format and destination.

Scan and Send:

• Place your document on the scanner, click Scan, and follow the prompts to send the scanned document as an email attachment or save it to your computer.

3. Using Windows Built-in Scanning Tool

Open Windows Fax and Scan:

• On Windows 10 or 11, search for "Windows Fax and Scan" in the Start menu and open the application.

Select New Scan:

• Click on New Scan. This will open a scanning dialog.

Choose Scanner:

• Select your HP DeskJet 1510 from the list of available scanners.

Configure Settings:

• Adjust the scan settings as needed (e.g., color, resolution).

Scan and Save:

• Click Scan to start the scanning process. Once complete, you can save the scanned document to your computer and then manually attach it to an email if desired.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please mark this post as “Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Rachel571

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.