Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 3522
Microsoft Windows 8 (32-bit)

I recently changed my internet carrier and have a new router.  I cannot get my printer to connect.  It actually says the printer it not on.  The printer window screen says I have no SSID.  How can i get it to connect?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@jtrauch,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

This is a wonderful place to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips.

I reviewed your post and understand that you are unable to connect the printer to your wireless network after changing the internet service provider.

I'll be glad to help you 🙂

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details.

• When was the last time the printer was working fine?
  • Is your new router configured on 5GHz or 2.4GHz frequency? Note: The printer works only with 2.4GHz frequency so make sure the router is configured accordingly.
  • Have you made any software or hardware changes on the computer?
  • Have you performed any troubleshooting steps before posting?

For now, I recommend you restore the network defaults and then connect the printer to the new router and check if it resolves the issue.

Here is how it is done.

1. Press the Wireless button to access the Wireless Settings menu.

2. Select Restore to Default.

3. Confirm selection to restore defaults.

Once the network defaults are restored then follow the steps in the below article to connect the printer to the new router.

https://hp.care/2HgHoW6

Let me know how it goes. Awaiting your reply!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.