Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi,

My HP 3637 asks for the custom password which I have never had. Also,it will not connect to my network using the wps connection setup method. (Button)

It will not connect using my router and the wps pin.

I am after a hard reset that will remove the password. I am HP instant ink customer and cannot connect to my wifi network except for USB and WI-Fi direct.

Please help because I have spent 5 hours trying different internet solutions, HP programs and now this forum.

Cheers

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@madmb71, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Hold the wireless button and the cancel button for 3 seconds to restore the network settings on the printer.

If WPS method is not helpful, use the USB cable and convert the connection to wireless.

Refer to Changing from a USB to a Wireless Connection

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I've tried this already. It doesn't work. I can't change it to wireless using USB as it still asks for a password.

Is there a proper reset using a combination of buttons?

I've tried everything I've seen on the internet.

Regards

HP Recommended

@madmb71

It should be asking for your wireless network password. Did you try using that?

There are no other ways to reset this model printer. Let us try the wifi-direct method.

Connect the printer and the PC using wifi-direct. Once connected, go to a web browser and in the address bar, type in 192.168.223.1, and hit enter.

This will take you to the EWS page of the printer.

Go to Network > Wireless > Wireless setup wizard.= and connect the printer to the wireless network. 

for more info, refer to this document. 

Once the printer is on the wireless network, you may connect the PC back to the same wireless network and try printing.

Let me know how it goes.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi and thanks for the reply. The printer refuses to connect with my WiFi network. 

It can connect by WiFi Direct. This isn't going to make the subscription to resupply my ink work?

Now I have 4 other family members on numerous devices moaning that the printer isn't working unless they logon to my pc which it has a USB connection or by using WiFi Direct.

When I get to add the printer to my network using the app I put in the network password for the router and it fails. I'm a bit of a geek with this stuff and it has me baffled. 

It's like it's needing a reset but the one you sent me to follow just doesn't work.

HP Recommended

@madmb71

The reset that I sent was to reset the wireless settings on the printer. This reset will not work if the EWS page of the printer is locked or if it is asking you for the Admin login credentials.

Unlike printers that have a touchscreen, this model printer cannot be reset.

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region for further assistance.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.