Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet Ink Advantage 4535 All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I had the infamous problem where the printer only prints in black and white. Downloaded the drivers from HP three times, until I discovered using 7zip that the printer drivers aren't even included in the .exe (only the scanner drivers are), and Windows Update can't find them anymore.

Ended up having to install an external DVD reader and using the original CD that came with the printer, but i don't always have that on hand.

Please upload a version of these drivers that contains everything necessary to have this printer up and running, the current downloadables are embarrassing. Maybe also put up for download the actual drivers instead of those messy .exes that don't really show you what they're installing.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi @pibainu,

I'd like to help!

To resolve the issue, try the below suggestions-

Follow below version of the HP Print and Scan Doctor Utility by selecting your printer:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/printers/hppsdr/patches/HPPSdr.exe

Be sure to restart your PC and allow the utility to complete the process, then check for any difference. If the issue persists, proceed to the next step.

Install the printer using the TCP/IP port:

1. On the PC, go to Control panel > Devices and printers > Add a printer(at the top) 
  2. Under 'Choose a device or printer', click on 'The printer I want isn't listed'.
  3. Select 'Add a printer using a TCP/IP address'
  4. Find the IP address of the printer by tapping on the wireless/ethernet icon on the printer screen
  5. Type in the 'IP address in Hostname or IP address' box, click next
  6. Proceed to the next steps by following the on-screen instructions.
  7. Try printing in color.

If the issue persists, Install the printer using Windows built-in driver

Refer to this document to know-how. Try printing.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

Hi! I think I didn't make myself clear.

My printer works. But to make it work I had to use the CD because the drivers were nowhere to be found online.

What's wrong here are the downloadables in the HP Support site.

Please report this to whoever is in charge of that, because the downloadables for my printer model do not include the printer drivers.

Windows/Windows update don't find the specific ones either, so if I install it via Windows it installs a crappy generic HP driver that does not allow my printer to print in color.

Thanks!

HP Recommended

The full-featured drivers for HP DeskJet Ink Advantage 4530 All-in-One Printer series for the Win 10 OS are available.

Refer to the image, and click here to download the drivers

Let me know if this helps!

HP Recommended

Hi! Thanks for getting back to me!

I will repeat myself a third time.

The downloadables on that page DO NOT INCLUDE THE PRINTER DRIVERS. THEY ONLY INSTALL THE SCANNER DRIVERS

PLEASE REPORT TO THE PEOPLE IN CHARGE OF THE DRIVER PAGE THAT THE PACKAGE FOR THIS PRINTER IS MISSING THE PRINTER DRIVERS.

As you can see in this screenshot, i've opened the .exe you made me download, which i'm here downloading a third time (you may see the "(2)" on the filename) in 7zip, and it DOES NOT CONTAIN THE DRIVERS FOR THE PRINTER. I've installed this a few times, and surprise, it only installs scanner drivers, because it does not contain the drivers for the printer.

2020-10-18_16-55-03.png

I don't know how else to explain this. It's frustrating. I thought that HP, being the huge company it is, would have actual customer support, but instead this is the closest i'm getting. Please read my messages carefully instead of making me download the same, incomplete, file for the nth time.

HP Recommended

Does this happen even you install the HP Easy start?

HP Recommended

Yes, exactly. I've tried installing everything on that page, a couple times each.

It won't install drivers that just aren't there, and it only fills my computer with stuff i have zero interest in having.

Even the "doctor" software tries to download and install the same incomplete drivers and only installs the scanner. There is a problem on HP's side, not mine.

Again, the CD worked, but if i ever lose the CD or it gets damaged, my printer is pretty much ruined.

HP Recommended

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.