Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet 2622
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello I have an HP DeskJet 2622

1.  I first set up the printer using customer support there was some password set for the printer on the EWS page.

2.  After 1.5 years there was a change in Wifi network (new password and internet supplier).

3. Now i see there has been a request to update the HP 2622 driver and wifi reconfiguration has to happen.

4. While trying to reconfigure  i realize my passwords are incorrect and seems i have forgotten them.

5. After weeks of checking on HP support forum i came across a support where in HP Scan and Print 5.6.1 can be used for a memory erase . However on this page i also get asked for username and password.

6.Can your please support on how to reset the HP printer to default mode/factory reset mode so that i can use your standard help guides to setup again.

7. I have two options either this gets fixed or i never by any HP product again as this is a pandemic and visiting service center is not possible.

Please HELP. PM me incase something cannot be shared on post.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@ShaggyNemisis

Welcome to the HP support community.

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for looking at this issue. Awaiting further instructions.

HP Recommended

Hi again, 

We never heard back from you! 
Were you able to find the support you were looking for? This is my third attempt to reach out and assist. If I do not hear back from you in the next day the case will be systematically archived. 

Best regards,
Jeff Christopher 
Executive Escalations
I am an HP Employee

I work for HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.