Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about cartridges, Click here to check it out!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Photo 7855 All-in-One Printer

HP ENVY Photo 7855 stopped printing so I tried rebooting. When I turned off & on printer, it would not boot up. It is stuck on the first dot on hp startup screen. I've already tried rebooting, unplugging, and plugging directly to wall out. HP smart app shows printer offline. I am not sure what drivers have been updated to my printer.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @hankc4 ,

Welcome to HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

If your HP ENVY Photo 7855 All-In-One Printer is not booting up and is stuck on the first dot on the startup screen, you can try the following steps to troubleshoot the issue:

Power Cycle the Printer:

• Turn off the printer.
  • Disconnect the power cord from the back of the printer and wait for about 60 seconds.
  • Reconnect the power cord and turn the printer back on.

Check Power Connection:

• Ensure that the power outlet is working properly.
  • Try plugging the printer into a different power outlet.

Remove External Devices:

• Disconnect any external devices (USB drives, memory cards, etc.) from the printer.

Update Firmware:

• Check if there is a firmware update available for your printer on the HP support website.

Perform a Hard Reset:

• Turn off the printer.
  • Disconnect the power cord from the back of the printer.
  • Press and hold the power button on the printer for at least 15 seconds.
  • Reconnect the power cord and turn the printer back on.

Check for Paper Jams:

• Ensure there are no paper jams inside the printer that may be preventing it from starting up.

Reset the Printer Network Settings:

• If you are using the printer over a network, you may want to reset the network settings.
  • Access the printer's control panel and navigate to the network settings to reset them.

Check HP Smart App:

• Use the HP Smart app to check if there are any error messages or if the printer is detected as offline.
  • You can also try reinstalling the HP Smart app or updating it to the latest version.

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.-

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Take care and have a good day.
Gaya1239 – HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.