Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Photo 7855 All-In-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Unable for my laptop or smartphone to access my online printer to print.  1) Ran HP Smart (does not detect printer).  2) Ran HP Print and Scan Doctor 3.2, printer is "visible" from computer, but when I run the Search for Product function, it fails to communicate with device.  2) computer printer diagnostics indicates that printer is "turned off" even though printer is powered on.  3) Confirmed printer has most up to date software, and printer diagnostics confirms Ready, Connected with Excellent signal strength; 4) my network recognized that printer is connected to it.  I've turned printer, computer, network off and restarted all and still get the same result.  5) when I ping the printer from my browser, I get error message that the device is not responding.

What am I missing?  How do I fix this?  Thanks   

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

HP printer offline when it is successfully connected. I would suggest you 

1. Change the cable you use to connect the printer to your computer. If the cable is bad, changing it may fix this problem.
  2. Swap your connection method. If you connect using USB and your printer has a Wifi option, use it and try if it works. Alternatively, if you have been connecting via Wifi, try using a USB cable.
  3. Finally (and this is very possible), your printer may be bad and need to be fixed or replaced! If you have the option to take it to the manufacturer or reseller, take that option. 
HP Recommended

Am connected on a WIRELESS network.  I'm not longer able to print from my smartphone on same wifi network either.   Printer is only 1.5 years old.  Printing was working just fine on same wireless connection until recent Windows 10 November (1909) update on my laptop.   Not sure what might be the issue re: not being able to print from my phone...  Does anyone else have similar issue with printing after Windows November update?  Any assistance would be appreciated.

BTW - HP Instant Ink account shows printer is Online.  But not from my laptop or phone...

HP Recommended

I have the same problem. My printer is not as old as yours, in fact I have not even received my first instaprint order. I can't connect via phone or computer. Everything worked fine a week ago when my son printed a gift receipt. I am connecting via WiFi and have reconfigured the WiFi at least 3 times now with no luck. My report shows WiFi is on and bars are full, but shows disabled on the report. Wireless Working also shows disabled on the report.  I have turned the printer on and off several times and devices still show printer is offline. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.