Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP PageWide Pro 577dw Multifun
macOS 10.12 Sierra

'Easy' Start stops the software download @ 90mb - never gets any further after repeated attempts.

I am unable to download Essential software.

& because it fails I can also not download HP Easy Scan or Product Help.

the error message I get is: 

Cannot install software. Check your network connection, and then try again.

(my network connection is fine.)

27 REPLIES 27
HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem, I really don't know what to do about it. I hope someone else knows

HP Recommended

I'm having the exact same problem.  Any solutions?

HP Recommended

I just bought an Envy 4520, I go to install the software using the not so Easy Start software and get the same issue you have. I'm bummed that this is happening when all I want to do is print a simple document!

Hopefully HP will look into this soon!

HP Recommended

I just bought the HP Deskjet 3755 and I'm getting the same thing.

Cannot install software. Check your network connection, and then try again.

(my network connection is fine.) also

HP Recommended

is there a way to download the software apart from Easy start?

HP Recommended

Exact same issue, I'm on Mac, not sure if that is a factor with this.

Has anyone found a resolution for this. How do I get support from HP without paying £18?

HP Recommended

Hello.

I have called HP and they say it is a world wide problem for people with a macbook.

They are working on a solution, but they still don't know how the problem arosed is.

You can still print, but you cant scan because the problem is with the 'HP easy scan'.

Therefore you can download the HP easy scan app from the appstore (I don't know if this works).

I don't know anything else, hope I've helped you with this.

HP Recommended

Following this suggestion: https://support.hp.com/gb-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-5540-all-in-one-printer-series/5447939

I have tried plugging in the printer as the video instructs, but still cant get anything to print.

I am on iMac, probably not any different to macbook.

Did they offer any indication as to when a solution was likely to be available? It seems to me they need to offer the drivers direct for download rather than through the 'Easy Start' (that is some software that is poorly named!)

HP Recommended

Hello, no they literally had no idea when it should be fixed.. unfortunately

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.