Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

RIDICULOUS!!! This is my 2nd HP printer, my first one was a piece of junk for wireless printing but I decided to give HP another try with this function.

I'm also on a Mac and having this annoying issue. I shoulda just bought the dam Cannon I was looking at.

HP Recommended

What number did you reach HP on? Is this from the UK? I could do with bugging them for a resolve for this issue.

HP Recommended

Is this for all HP Printers running on a Mac? Does HP monitor this forum? If the printer dosn't work it will get replaced with something that will! I have a limited time to return. If I have to return it, I will remember when it comes time to buy the next printer and I'm sure I'm not alone!!

HP Recommended

To add insult to injury, I didn't realize you have to pay for support! I would have never bought another HP knowing this. Are there drivers you can install manually? My current Mac is the model without a CD drive so I can't attempt to grab the drivers from the included CD.

I doubt HP monitors this forum.

HP Recommended

Still not working. Cannot download software.  Nothing wrong with my connection.  

HP Recommended

Having returned from holiday I have installed the recent update for Mac OS to Version 10.12.6, this have now allowed me to finally install the software. Solved... for me at least

HP Recommended

I think HP resolved the issue. Maybe about a week after I initially commented in this thread I tried a reinstall... and it worked.

HP Recommended

I've got a Macbook with the latest version of the software (10.12.6) and it's not working for me - same problem - asks me to check the network connection, which is absolutely fine.

This is rubbish - I really need to scan something urgently, it's literally why I bought this printer - if anyone has any ideas about what I can do to get that software then I'd be really grateful to hear from them.

Thanks in advance. 

Busycloud - when you said you tried a reinstall, do you just mean you tried to install the HP software again from the same weblink? Or reinstalled something else?  

HP Recommended

Did anybody find a solution? 

I got my hp all-in-one printer today, and I'm having the same issue - the Easy Start app starts donwloading the software (very slowly), then after a minute or two stops saying that I have to check my internet connection. I tried it multiple times on two different Mac laptops that have different Mac OS versions installed; one of them is connected directly with an ethernet cable, and we have an unlimited fast speed internet, so there is no way I can have internet problems! It is frustrating and very annoying....

My computer, however, does see the new printer and scanner in the "Settings" -> "Printers & Scanners". I don't particularly like how dull it is in terms of handling and managing. 

Can anyone tell if the original HP software is more convenient to use compared to the Mac default one?

(I just want to know if I should even waste any more time trying to install it!)

----> For example, when I had a Canon all-in-one printer, the Canon software had a Quick Menu and Image Garden and other handy apps, that could be downloaded DIRECTLY from Canon website. * Sigh.* It was very flexible and effective, definitely beats the defalt Mac software for printers and scanners.

P.S. I did manage to install HP Easy Scan via App Store. A little victory. 

HP Recommended
Definitely don’t waste any more time on it! I managed to get onto live chat assistance with HP on Thursday, and the very helpful person I spoke to says the only fix is as follows: she remotely accessed my MacBook and transferred the software I needed from her computer. It took about 30 mins in all. I said it’s ridiculous that this needs to happen and she agreed.

I’ve written a review on Amazon U.K. warming other Mac users to avoid the printer. It’s a shame because now it’s set up, it’s pretty good!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.