Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 4520
Microsoft Windows 11

I got a new HP computer with Windows 11 and my HP Envy 4520 printer is only printing in monochrome.  It worked just fine with my old computer (Windows 8).  I installed the Windows 11 driver so that should be working fine.  The driver shows the image in color, so that should be working.  I do not see anything in Printer Settings that might be specifying monochrome.

I've tried everything I can think of, so perhaps someone has an idea as to how I can get my HP printer working again.

Thanks -

george

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Since nobody knows, I actually found the solution at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkZm0HaxBuE

HP Recommended

that it's not working for me.

Never had any issues with my HP Envy 4520 until I bought a new HP Laptop. 

There's always some kind of issue with the bloody printing.

Now it's only printing in monochrome and no duplex function.

Already tried uninstalling and instaling and didn't work. I'm getting so frustrated that end up formating  the laptop and that didn't work either.

Don't know what more I can do!

HP Recommended

I, too, uninstalled and reinstalled the driver before coming upon this video.  I didn't think that anything had happened after clicking to update but my next print came out in color.

george

HP Recommended

Update

I just changed my color cartridge and the printer went back to printing monochrome.  I went through the procedure of changing Automatic Configuration to Update Now and again it is working.  I've saved the link to the video, as I might have to do this each time I change a cartridge.

george

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.