Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Thanks, but how do I contact HP Support (Netherlands). I follow the Contact link on My HP, fill in the serial number and the only options they provide me is via this forum or via a virtual agent. No phone numer, no email address, no live chat.

HP Recommended

HP seem to have changed their support procedure since I last contacted them a year ago or so, but did you try the Virtual Agent? Maybe it's not as bad as you might think :).

Alternatively, you could create a HP account to have the Whatsapp contact option available.

Contacting a HP Service Centre is another option.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Try this:

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Thanks.

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

HP Recommended

I want to give an update on this issue. So I desperately uninstalled the printer in Windows and executed a factory reset of the printer. DO NOT factory reset the printer when you are using Instant Ink (HP should mention the consequences in the manual). The printer will not recognize the cartridges as legal cartridges anymore and will immediately report this error on the display (E0). Setting up the printer in Windows via Wi-Fi is not possible because the printer is in an error state. I needed the USB cable to setup the printer again in Windows and finally it was able to connect to Wi-Fi again and making it visible in my Instant Ink account. Printing was still not possible because of the cartridge error and therefore I needed HP telephone support to fix this.

Good news is that the freeze (the initial problem) did not occur anymore after this exercise. Fingers crossed...

HP Recommended

Hi - how did you find a number for HP telephone support?? And what is it? 🙂

I just want to talk to a human!

thanks

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

What was the solution for the freezing issue. I got the same problem every three days. Have to unplug every time. 

HP Recommended

I have the same problem (HP Envy 6020). No button does respond. Not even the power button. The only solution to solve this freeze is to pull the power plug, wait a few seconds and reconnect the power cord. This happens pretty fast after starting up the machine. I thought it would be about energy saving mode but it doesnt seem like it. Also, the automatic shutdown feature cant be deacitvated and the timespan between powering on the printer and the freeze to happen is way smaller than the set 2 hours. I have the newest firmware version. The only problem however was that it was impossible to update the firmware through the web interface. I needed the firmware updater.exe from HP (offical). My firmware version is the following:

VASBASPP1N001.2049A.00

I wont reset my printer due to the solution comment reporting about problems concerning HP Instant Ink cartridges not working anymore. I'll try though to reset the network settings and set it up again. If that helps, ill report on that issue. But i hope and also expect HP to find the issue and offer a new firmware update to all hp envy 6000 series printers.

HP Recommended

I have that same problem of Envy 6020 that freezes (brand new printer), a few minutes after the printer is powered up, it totally freezes. It is marked as "offline" and no button is responsive, even removing paper tray does not show the yellow light. Only solution is to unplug the power cord to do a cold restart. Very annoying as it does freeze nearly every time I power it on. I am not really willing to do a factory reset because of the instant ink subscription. Is there any firmware update for that problem ?

HP Recommended

Been with tech support. All they do is reset printer. Problem still persist.   About to take it back to Sam’s club. At the Beginning I  thought it was the printer.   Sam’s replaced it. This one is doing the same. Only solution is to unplug.  Case number: [personal info removed]

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.