Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy Photo 7855
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello, HP Community Members,

After a power outage, my HP printer got a blue screen and flashing buttons with the error code "B8049FBC."
I restarted it and it worked fine for a few minutes, then it gave the same error again.
I checked and it appears the drives are up to date.

Kindly assist.

HP Envy Photo 7855  (img_01)HP Envy Photo 7855 (img_01)HP Envy Photo 7855  (img_02)HP Envy Photo 7855 (img_02)

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

I have exactly the same problem, although I don't think it was triggered by a power outage.

Anyone??

HP Recommended

Update:
I shut the printer down for two days in a row, then I started it, navigated through its menu options for a minute, printed some system information reports, and it worked fine for almost 7 hours now.

I'm not sure what was the root cause, but these steps may help it out
Kindly try the same scenario and let us know the results.

HP Recommended

In my case what happened was that the same blue screen error happened again, but with a different memory address shown.  Then, mysteriously, the next day when I was logging into the PC, there was a pop up asking for permission for HP to update my system, the kind of message you get when you are installing or updating something.  Only, I had not installed or updated anything.   Very weird.   Were they somehow able to remotely trigger an update on my system, I wonder?    Not that I had asked them to.   Hmmm.   In any case, after that there were no more blue screens, how about that.   I had never turned the printer off.

My problem now is that the thing doesn't print at all, even though the genuine HP cartridges have plenty of ink.  Getting kind of disgusted with HP.

HP Recommended

Everything is suspicious about this error.
What you described looks like it was an attempt to compromise your system.
I would recommend you change your credentials and perform security checks on your system.

HP Recommended

Had that issue,, went back into printers settings and shut off 5g.  Issue resolved, printer been working fine for a week straight now.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.