Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Inspire 7220e All-in-One Printer

Hi,  

Having recently updated Mac to Sonoma 14.5, I find my Envy 7220e no longer prints!
In trying to resolve, I unfortunately removed the printer from OS and now am unable to re-add!
The HP Smart Diagnose & Fix reports "Driver Check issue not fixed".
I was wondering of anyone had found a work around for this issue.  

Thanks in advance,

Paul.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @PaulTT1,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

If you're experiencing issues with your HP Envy 7220e printer after updating to macOS Monterey 14.5, and you're unable to re-add the printer after removing it from the operating system, here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and resolve the issue:

Download Updated Drivers: Visit the HP website and download the latest drivers and software for your HP Envy 7220e printer. Make sure to select the correct operating system version (macOS Monterey 14.5) before downloading.

Reset Printing System: Go to System Preferences > Printers & Scanners. Right-click (or Control-click) in the Printers list and select "Reset printing system." Confirm the action, then restart your Mac. After restarting, try re-adding your HP Envy 7220e printer.

Use HP Easy Start: Download and run the HP Easy Start utility from the HP website. This tool helps you set up and install the latest drivers and software for your HP printer on macOS.

Check Printer Connection: Ensure that your HP Envy 7220e printer is properly connected to your Mac and the network (if it's a network-connected printer). If you're using a USB connection, make sure the cable is securely plugged in. For wireless printers, verify that the printer is connected to the correct Wi-Fi network.

Restart Printer and Router: Turn off your printer and Wi-Fi router, wait for a few seconds, then turn them back on. This can help refresh the connection between the printer and your Mac.

Verify Network Settings: Double-check the network settings on your HP Envy 7220e printer to ensure it's connected to the same network as your Mac.

Check Firewall Settings: Make sure your firewall settings are not blocking communication between your Mac and the printer. Adjust firewall settings as necessary to allow printer communication.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please mark this post as “Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Rachel571

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @PaulTT1,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

If you're experiencing issues with your HP Envy 7220e printer after updating to macOS Monterey 14.5, and you're unable to re-add the printer after removing it from the operating system, here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and resolve the issue:

Download Updated Drivers: Visit the HP website and download the latest drivers and software for your HP Envy 7220e printer. Make sure to select the correct operating system version (macOS Monterey 14.5) before downloading.

Reset Printing System: Go to System Preferences > Printers & Scanners. Right-click (or Control-click) in the Printers list and select "Reset printing system." Confirm the action, then restart your Mac. After restarting, try re-adding your HP Envy 7220e printer.

Use HP Easy Start: Download and run the HP Easy Start utility from the HP website. This tool helps you set up and install the latest drivers and software for your HP printer on macOS.

Check Printer Connection: Ensure that your HP Envy 7220e printer is properly connected to your Mac and the network (if it's a network-connected printer). If you're using a USB connection, make sure the cable is securely plugged in. For wireless printers, verify that the printer is connected to the correct Wi-Fi network.

Restart Printer and Router: Turn off your printer and Wi-Fi router, wait for a few seconds, then turn them back on. This can help refresh the connection between the printer and your Mac.

Verify Network Settings: Double-check the network settings on your HP Envy 7220e printer to ensure it's connected to the same network as your Mac.

Check Firewall Settings: Make sure your firewall settings are not blocking communication between your Mac and the printer. Adjust firewall settings as necessary to allow printer communication.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please mark this post as “Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Rachel571

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.