Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet M1530 MFP
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

We had successfully used the HP LaserJet M1530 MFP printer installed on a Windows 10 Pro 32 bit workstation where printing was fast to start and we had no issues.

We've since built a new Windows 10 Pro x64 workstation and installed the necessary drivers for this HP LaserJet M1530 MFP printer.  But we have noticed that printing takes 30-60 seconds before print jobs begin to print.  I see no errors in the print job.  We've not set anything (as far as I'm aware) to delay the print from starting.  It's very strange...I look in the print queue and after 30-60 seconds the job starts sending data to the printer and the printer starts printing.  

Can anyone suggest what could be different between these two setups that would delay the start of printing on the new Windows 10 x64 workstation we've setup.  

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Got to hp.com and download Universal Print Driver PCL6 and try how the printer works with a UPD.

My profile on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Got to hp.com and download Universal Print Driver PCL6 and try how the printer works with a UPD.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Thanks very much Valsimot for your help!  This was the driver that fixed our issue.  Printing has once again resumed to be as fast as it was previously on the old computer!  

Second question for you now.  when I installed the driver for the HP LaserJet M1530 MFP Printer I had installed a printer and scanner setup.  Now that I've installed this generic Universal Print Driver for our LJ M1530 MFP printer I need to point the scanner to this printer instead. Is there a universal scanner driver/software I should use from HP to have my scanner point to this universal driver/scanner I setup?

Thank you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.