Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Pro MFP M127fw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Same problem that everyone is posting.  Software install detects my USB connected LaserJet, then simply CRAWLS through 0% to 99%, taking about 20 min.  At 99%, it pauses for a while, then posts the error message:  

My PC is a Lenovo X1 Carbon 7th Gen.  Super fast & new.   The LaserJet in the past always worked well, but now, all of a sudden, I cannot get it to stay connected on WiFi.  It connects, then a few minutes later, the blue WiFi light starts flashing and it's disconnected.  So trying to connect via USB, and magically, that doesn't work either.

My personal opinion is we are all being taken to the cleaners by HP.   Remember when Apple was caught slowing down older iPhones ("batterygate")?  Yeah.  HP is doing the same to us here.  Screwing up connectivity, making it hard or impossible to get older printers working, so you'll get frustrated and just go buy a NEW printer.   

If I cannot get this HP LaserJet working again, then this is the LAST HP printer I will ever buy.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

And that error message is:

An install operation took too long to execute.  This is a fatal error preventing product use.  Please restart your computer, and run this installer again.  If the problem persists, please check the product support web site for your product.

HP Recommended

Fought with the M127fw printer for another 4 hours, and have finally given up.   

I just went online and purchased a BROTHER MFC-L2750DW printer from Best Buy.  Going to pick it up in a few hours.

Goodbye HP.   30 years of purchasing ONLY HP LaserJet's, and now I'm done.   I'll give Brother a try, and if they end up just as bad, I'll move to Canon or others before I ever rotate back to HP again.

HP Recommended

@JimB5155

Welcome to the HP support community.

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.