Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Pro MFP M127FW
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I tried number of times to install this printer software but failed.

Downloaded the new software suite from HP website -  LJPro_MFP_M127-M128_full_solution_15309.exe

However, it keep stucked on 99% during setup.

Please assist. Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @CharlesNg,

I'd like to help!

Let's try and uninstall the printer software from the root level on your PC and install the full feature printer software.

--->In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.

--->Select your HP printer.

--->Select Uninstall.

--->In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.

--->In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”

--->Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.

--->Type printui.exe /s and click OK.

--->Click on the Drivers tab.

--->Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click remove at the bottom.

--->Select OK.

--->Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.

--->Close Devices and Printers.

Install all the available Windows updates

If it is been a while since you updated your Windows, that is the main reason why Windows says your HP printer driver is unavailable. Here are the steps how to do a Windows Update to install all accessible operating system update.

If you are accessing Windows 10, then these steps are for you.

1. Hit the Start menu and write an update. After that, click on the “Check for updates” option.
  2. Tap on the “Check for updates” option.
  3. After clicking on that option, Windows will install the updates automatically.
  4. When Windows completes all its updates, start your computer again and attempt to print a file to check if your printer works.

And then reinstall the printer full-featured drivers from software and drivers page

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

Mine is Envy 5030.  The install software won't run.  I followed Jay_G24's instructions but there is no HP printer to uninstall.  The install software runs for 5 or 6 seconds then stops with a "HPEasystart has stopped working" message.  The virtual agent is useless and thee is nobody to chat with.  Extremely frustrated.

HP Recommended

Try and install the printer using windows built-in driver-

For instructions, refer - Installing and Using the Windows Built-in Print Driver

Let me know how this goes!

HP Recommended

Hi Jay,

Thanks for guide

Yes, i did as what you have requested to do. However, the result negative.  Same symptom: its hang and prompt failed to setup after 99%.

Something which puzzled me that this time - the installation take longer as usual. From the several attempts of installation, it took about 15-20 mins just on this stage.

FYI, I did the same the installation somewhere in March 2020 previously, its work perfectly. The whole process took me less than 10 mins. However, it is on different laptop (Microsoft Surface) and using Wifi connection between printer and Laptop via Wifi Router. Same Windows 10 platform too.

This time, using a direct USB cable connection to the Dell Laptop.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Repair system files

Use the Microsoft System File Checker (SFC) utility to repair damaged or corrupt system files.

1. Close all open programs and apps running in Windows.

2. Search Windows for command, right-click command prompt from the list of search results, and then select Run as Administrator.

3. Type sfc /scannow in the command prompt, and then press Enter.

The Microsoft SFC utility attempts to find and repair any damaged or corrupt files.

• If a Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations message displays, continue to the next step.

• If a Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them message displays, continue with these steps.

• If a Windows Resource Protect could not perform the requested operation or was unable to fix the corrupt files message displays, go to Use the System File Check tool to repair missing or corrupted system files (in English) for more information.

4. Try to install the HP driver and software again.

If the error message still displays, continue to the next step.

Use the Microsoft Fixit Solution

For computers with Windows 7 and later, Microsoft has released an automated solution that fixes installation problems.

Go to Fix problems that block programs from being installed or removed (in English) to download and run the tool.

If the error message still displays, continue to the next step.

Then try and install the driver

Let me know how this goes

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.