Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 3830 All-in-One Printer

Hi!  I'm hoping you can help me!  When my husband attempted to print a document, he was sent an error message saying, "Encryption Credentials Expired".  I went to the HP website to fix this problem and began going through the steps offered to me, when I got to the step to remove printer and then re-add my printer, my printer is nowhere to be found!  Please help!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @jcwall83dd,

Welcome to HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

If you are encountering an error message on your HP OfficeJet 3830 printer saying "Encryption Credentials Expired," it typically indicates an issue with the printer's security settings or connectivity. Here are a few steps you can try to resolve the problem.

• Restart your printer: Turn off your printer, unplug it from the power source, wait for about 30 seconds, and then plug it back in. Turn the printer back on and check if the error message persists.
  • Update firmware: Visit the HP Support website and check if there are any firmware updates available for your OfficeJet 3830 printer. If updates are available, follow the instructions provided to install the latest firmware version. Firmware updates can often fix bugs and security-related issues.
  • Reset network settings: On your printer's control panel, navigate to the network settings or setup menu. Look for an option to reset network settings or restore default settings. Performing a network reset can help resolve connectivity issues and may clear the encryption credentials error.
  • Reconnect to the network: If the printer is connected to a wireless network, ensure that the network credentials (e.g., password) are correct. You may need to re-enter the network details on your printer to establish a secure connection.
  • Clear cache and cookies: If you are printing wirelessly from a computer, try clearing the cache and cookies of your web browser. Sometimes, outdated or corrupted browser data can interfere with the printer's encryption credentials.

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4
HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.