Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet pro 9015 all in one
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hello... I have been struggling to get my printer to work consistently with my dell computer.  I have run the HP Smart and online troubleshooting more time than I can count, and it is not able to fix the problem.  I have unplugged, and followed all those steps as well.  I continually get an error state in my print queue.

I was able to print from my samsung phone but now I cannot even get the printer to be recognized.  I have turned off and reconfigured the wifi.

The printer is just a year old, and I am close to just buying a new one, given all the time I have spent troubleshooting.  One last effort here to find an answer!

18 REPLIES 18
HP Recommended

Hi @spiritvision,

I'd like to help!

1. Could you share the exact error message?
  2. How is the printer connected to your device Wifi or USB?
  3.  I would like to know, is your router set to work on 2.4 GHz network or 5 GHz network band?
  4. What is the status of the wireless light on the printer, steady or blinking?

Keep me posted!

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

Hi and thank you!  I ended up calling HP Support and after 2 hours on on the phone troubleshooting, he figured out it had to do with the IP address my router was assigning to the printer...he walked me through a bunch of manual set ups of IP addresses and other settings...and seems to be all good now!

HP Recommended

That's great! Happy to hear that. If you need further assistance feel free to reach out to us.

Have a great day ahead!

HP Recommended

Well I thought it was fixed, now I am having the same problem again....I do not understand what is wrong...I spent two hours on the phone last week and he had me create a new IP address, which is what I am using.  Now, occassionally I can get the first line of the document to print and then it stops.  and i get a print queue error.  I have also tried printing from my phone, and I get printer not available.

help!  This printer is only a year old.

HP Recommended

@spiritvision

Thanks for keeping us posted

Try disabling the IPV6 address and let me know how it goes

Print a Network Configuration Page and note down the IP address > Type the IP Address in the browser Box to open the Printer's EWS Page > Select the Network TAB and ensure the box IPV6 is Disabled.

Keep me posted

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

okay...not sure I know how to find that out??

Does this look like it?

Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::1c64:2b26:422f:a18e%17

HP Recommended

Yes. Do you have a check box? If possible please upload a picture of the options you see under the Network TAB on the EWS Page

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hey there....this is all new to me;  when I type 

in the browser box I just get search results...am I doing something incorrectly??

spiritvision_0-1600284219526.png

HP Recommended

You first need to note down the IPV4 Address from the Network Configuration page which you printed

Then type the IPV4 Address in the Browser Address box ( Where it says Http://.... ). this should open up the printer's EWS page where you need to sign in

Once you are inside the EWS Page, there you will see the TAB Network and option to disable the IPV6 Address

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.