Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Can you please guide me how to perform a semi-reset on the printer as we have lost the admin password and we are unable to connect to its webserver?

Thank you in advance,

John

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@JohnTsgr

Welcome to the HP support community.

I understand that you want to reset the printer, I am glad to assist you.

You might have to perform a semi-full reset on the printer.

The reset instructions are specific for your printer and performing those steps on a different printer may brick the device.  

I am sending you a private message with the steps to reset the printer. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

To perform a semi-reset on your printer when you have lost the admin password and cannot connect to its webserver, follow these steps:

1. Locate the physical reset button on your printer. It is usually situated at the back or side of the device, but refer to the printer's manual or manufacturer's website for specific instructions and the exact location.

2. Using a small, pointed object such as a paperclip or pen tip, press and hold the reset button for approximately 10 seconds. This action will reset the printer's settings to their default values, including the admin password.

3. After releasing the reset button, wait for the printer to reboot. This process may take a few moments, and the printer's indicators or display will provide feedback on its progress.

4. Once the printer has restarted, you can access its webserver using the default admin credentials provided by the manufacturer. Consult the printer's manual or the manufacturer's website to find the default username and password for your specific printer model.

For example, let's say you have a Tabelle Word printer. In this case, consult the Tabelle Word printer manual or visit the Tabelle Word website to find the exact location of the reset button and the default admin credentials for accessing the webserver.

It is important to note that performing a semi-reset will restore the printer's settings to their factory defaults, which may include network settings, paper sizes, and other personalized configurations. Therefore, you may need to reconfigure the printer to suit your specific requirements after completing the reset process.

HP Recommended

Hi, 
I have the exact same problem with my printer (also HP OfficeJet Pro 9020). 

Could you please help me, sendind me the reset instruction ?

Thanks in advance,

Marc,

HP Recommended

I also have a similar problem. Need to do a full reset as the screen keeps showing "the printer update could not be downloadeded"

HP Recommended

exactly same problem, no way to activate my printer because the update don't work. 

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem. Did you ever get an answer?

HP Recommended

Hello,

I need to factory reset as the control panel is locked and nobody knows the password. It will not connect to the internet on ethernet or wifi.

Please send instructions on how to reset.

Joe

HP Recommended

the wilfi setting was missing and the the control panel is locked; I did not lock it and I do not have the user name and password, please help! Thanks!

HP Recommended

The hp printer printer is the worst, even more when you have the instant ink service as you can not reset your printer as it keeps blocking the set up process saying “need to enroll”

worst process ever

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.