Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 4650

My new HP Officejet 4650 won't print in color. I have it connect via Wi-Fi, and I have tried to print in color, and it won't let me via my laptop and my phone. How can I fix this?

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi @KathyAnn92,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are unable to print in color from your HP OfficeJet 4650 All-in-One Printer.

This issue could occur if the print in black only option is checked in the drivers or the color cartridge may be empty or defective.

Let's go through a few steps to fix this issue.

1. In your software application, click Print.

2. Select your printer from the list of available printers.

3. Click the option that opens the Printer Properties dialog box.

Note: Depending on your software application, this button might be called Properties, Options, Printer Setup, Printer Properties, Printer, or Preferences.

4. On the Properties window, click the Paper/Quality or Features tab, depending on your software.

5. Click Advanced, click Print in Grayscale, and then de-select Print in Grayscale or High-Quality Grayscale.

6. Click OK to complete the change.

If the issue persists, then you may follow the link: Color or Black Ink Not Printing

Let me know how this works.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

My HP Officejet 4650 suddenyl stopped printing color. I am working in Microsoft Office - I followed your directions in Excel, Word and Pwoer Point and there is no option for grayscale - please see the attached screen capture.

Do you have any other advice?OJ_4650_Advanced_Options.png

HP Recommended

I had the same problem so I called.  They had to remove and uninstall everything and then reinstall it.  If you installed from your computer seeing a new device it probably didn't install the entire thing.  Try removing everything and then going to HP.com and finding the latest download, mines working now.

Good Luck

HP Recommended

@RPOK

Welcome to the HP Forums.I understand that you were unable to print in color on HP Officejet 4650 Printer and you have already done some preliminary troubleshooting.

Good to know that issue is fixed.

Feel free to contact us in feature if you need any assistance in feature.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have the same problem as CC same screen shot. How do I fix this?

HP Recommended

There is no such thing in Microsost Word

HP Recommended

Paper quality or featurees tab has nothing for greyscale in Microsoft Word

HP Recommended

If i have to remove everything to reinstall the driver from HP.com, what is everything. I have an HP laptop, so I am reluctant to remove anything starting with HP as that may include software for my laptop. I uninstalled anything with HP 4650 in the name.

HP Recommended

HP OfficeJet 46550

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.