Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 Plus N911g
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Officejet Pro 8600 N911g.....Recently Web Apps on Printer failed to work, Wired Network Connection is good, I factory reset the printer and tried a firmware update check. It failed. On the software page for the printer,  I found new firmware was issued 31st October 2020 ( v 2011A). I download this and ran it. The software detected my printer and displayed the Serial Number. However, I could not mark the printer for update as it was greyed out saying 'not applicable' .  My current firmware is showing as CKP1CN1829AR FW patch version 16. Can someone Please help. I used to web apps regularly. I am stuck.

105 REPLIES 105
HP Recommended

@frogger38, Welcome to HP Support Community!

The only option left is to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer. 

The reset instructions are specific for your printer and performing those steps on a different printer may brick the device. 

I've sent you a private message with reset instructions, follow the reset instruction to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer. 

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Perhaps you could private message me that information as well, as I have tried the following:

Firmware update from Mac over network

Firmware update from PC over network

Firmware update from PC over USB

Factory resetting printer (via menu) and trying above 3 methods.

Editing the config file on the PC firmware updater "to force update"

None of these methods have worked. 

Thank you

HP Recommended

@cmsjrs

Sure will 🙂 

I've sent you a private message with reset instructions, follow the reset instruction to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer. 

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Hope this helps!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Still no luck after the reset instructions. See below:

Windows 10:

Capture.PNG

Mac:

Screen Shot 2020-12-14 at 8.30.29 PM.png

HP Recommended

No different after I followed the full reset instructions. Reset as instructed, tried to update again from the current firmware update file, (OJP8600_N911g-n_2011A) .

I now also see I am not the only person with the issue.

Can HP test the update internally on the equivalent hardware. I believe the update is bugged.

HP Recommended

@frogger38

Thanks for replying!

We definitely will alert the concerned team on this issue.

Meanwhile, please reach out to the HP Support in your region for further assistance.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Tried your suggestion: "Meanwhile, please reach out to the HP Support in your region for further assistance."

I'm quite sure my attempt at "reaching out to  HP Support" was a close derivative of the game "Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy" ... at least how I played it seemed like an infinite loop.

I'm now right back where I started from.

Just looking for some guidance here. It is refreshing to know I'm not the only one having this issue. 

HP Recommended

I also have come to a brick wall trying to use HP Support. Can not get anywhere as nothing seems to be available for the issue and it suggests I will be charged for support for something that was caused by HP. i.e. the changing of the web services url requiring firmware update which does NOT work. If they think that will cause me to buy a replacement printer from HP they are mistaken. I will purchase another brand, who doesn’t automatically time expire a printer after a few years. 

HP Recommended

In its default configuration the printer tries to contact hpeprinter.com for web services that then redirects to http://h30495.www3.hp.com which is now unreachable since about a month ago. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.