Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Words fail me ... HP. 
Asking if our problems have been resolved, when it is obvious NOT ONE of us is getting any further forward. 
My official reply is No ! Absolutely no progress since December last year. Although I have a private message saying it has been escalated, but I have had that message before. 

HP Recommended

No, my problem is not resolved. No update possible!

@hp support: what is the reason why you ask this? I did not get any help/message from you

HP Recommended

I am still having the same issue nothing is being resolved because HP is doing nothing to fix the problem.

HP Recommended

Is this some kind of alternate reality joke? I feel like this is a contest to see who can offer the worst customer support. 

if that is the case, you indeed are winning. 

it painfully obvious why you don’t offer the option of a thumbs down on your replies. 

HP Recommended

Absolutely NOT!  HP has totally failed to support its customers with transparent communications to all of us.  Enough with the private messages as well, you not a small business with a handful of customers, but heading in that direction fast.  If you really care, then you should be updating all of us on this issue, and provide us with workable solutions instead of pretending to help us with PM (which is going no where fast).  I as most have been dealing with this for several months now with no updates or options.  I personally just wanted to go back a year or so in microcode level to a point when my printer was actually working, but that does not appear to be simple option.  Most of us are ready to move past HP and onto other better options (which HP has set such a low bar for, anyone is probably better, but none could be worst than NO Support).  Stop having Robots, auto-update these forums, and get us a senior engineer that can actually address the firmware bug(s) we are having issues with.  I am sure a top-notch engineer can get this address within a couple days (as I have managed technical support teams in the past, and its really not that hard).  Also give us the option(s) to regress the software so we have an option to roll backwards (a couple of generations) should that we necessary.  My suggestion is to be transparent and give updates via this forum and not PM individuals with overall updates, as you have probably thousands of customers needing to know what is happening with this issue, not just a handful of customers.   Thank you.  

HP Recommended

No.  All queries are still outstanding.

Specifically, your firmware updater for the CM750A has a software defect and fails the hardware check. It will not install the required firmware to fix all of our MFPs.  All steps recommended by your support team do not work.  The web services have been moved/changed by HP and we need this firmware update for our devices to function properly.  This is widely affecting all users on this thread.  The issue resolution script that HP support are using is insufficient as it assumes the problem is at the users' end, never reaches a resolution, and doesn't appear to offer any escalation or correlation of similar cases to point to HP's software release actually being the problem here.

Can you please advise if this case has, in fact, been escalated as many of us have been individually assured?  Can you please also advise when the updater will be fixed, a previous version of firmware and updater will be made available (all other vendors offer this), or a manual process and firmware package will be supplied for resolving these issues.

HP Recommended

I have just had a private message. 

It was a satisfaction survey. 
guess how I replied. 

HP Recommended

Same here.  I'm still awaiting a real "live"  response from HP Technical Support Engineering.  This community seems to be for self-help customers, helping eash other, and no real resources from HP is allocated to support serious issues, unless you have a paid contract with them (I suspect).   One can only hope, someone from HP steps out of the shadows and show they really care about dedicated customers (especially if they figure out that without supporting us today, they may not have jobs tomorrow).  I know "Hope" is not a strategy.  Any positive options from HP would be a welcome surprise, but I'm not holding my breathe, and planning other options.  Good luck to all on this chat.  

HP Recommended

@Stan95630,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Please provide the below details -

First Name:

Last name:

Case Number:

Email address:

Telephone Number:

HP Model number:

HP Product Number:

Product Serial Number:

Description of the issue:

Let me know.

HP Recommended

It sounds good,that the HP Support will support us. Please send me the private message. Then I will support you with the details (S/N etc...)... thanks 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.