Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 9015e
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My new HP Officejet Pro 9015e does some kind of reset every hour of the day and night.  The print ink carriage moves back and forth and then resets itself.  Printing is fine so far, no problems there.  Why does the iink carriage do a reset, exactly each hour, 24 hours a day? I tried installiing the latest firmware (notified it was already updated), and unplugging the printer and restarting it.  Nothing changes.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I'm glad to hear that and you're most welcome. Do get back to us in the future for further assistance.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" on my public post, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

I called HP and the agent explained it away as software updates from HP because it is new printer, and I have signed up for the ink subscription. Obviously that wasn't the truth, because it hasn't stopped yet after a week's worth of hourly resetting (or whatever it is doing) . 

HP Recommended

@Theaxman

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

We'll have to perform a reset on the Printer for this. I have sent you a private message, for more details that cannot be shared in a public post.

Please do check your inbox on the communities page for the private message.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Axman...  any luck with the private message solution?  I received a public response from an HP rep of some sort advising me to restore the printer to factory defaults.  I successfully did the default restoration but after setting back up the printer the hourly cartridge resets resumed.  I've just now responded publicly to advise the rep of the situation continuing after the factory default reset.  I've also asked whether this is just the "normal" functionality of the Instant Ink subscription (for which I'm in the trial phase).  I'll let you know if I hear anything further.

Thanks,

Mike

HP Recommended

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I'm glad to hear that and you're most welcome. Do get back to us in the future for further assistance.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" on my public post, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

A HP Support rep suggested a "Semi-Full Reset" by going through the menus on the printer as follows:

Support Menu >Resets Menu>Semi-Full Reset

That seemed to do the trick!  It has been about a day and a half, and the hourly printer carriage resets have stopped. I had to re-initialize the printer's wireless network connection,  but all other settings including the ink subscription info were retained.  BTW I also received my first batch of ink cartridges from HP. it took about 8 days after I subscribed to receive them.

HP Recommended

Thanks, Axman!  Glad to hear your situation is resolved.  Interestingly, my cartridge reset issue resolved itself a couple of days ago seemingly after doing a power-down/power-up sequence using the main power button on the top edge of the machine (this was a bit more than 24 hours after the "factor reset" suggestion hadn't worked...nor had hard power-resets (pulling the power plug, waiting, and then reconnecting it) that I'd previously tried.  (My response message to the HP Support rep describing the fix more fully is here: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-Setup-Software-Drivers/Re-HP-Officejet-Pro-9015e-resets-hourly...)

Thanks again!

HP Recommended

Have a nice day and stay safe!:)

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.