Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Photo Smart
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

"Years ago when I got a new HP Printer..It came with a software program on it that was so easy to use. You got to choose the size photo you wanted to make. Anywhere from 1x1 to 8x10 on one sheet of paper. Since then I have gotton a new printer and computor and lost that program. I wish HP could tell me what program that was!" It is by far the easies that I have ever seen. I can not find one that even comes close to it. My computor crashed so I can't even get on it to find the name or get a copy of it. All I can think of is Photo Smart and I still can't find it online!

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hey There! @mommatnt, Welcome to HP forums!  

I understand you need a software to print photos from your printer.

Don't worry I'd like to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Have you tried printing using a different brand paper?

Have you tried printing from a different application?

As you mentioned you need a software to print photos from your printer.

Please provide the model name of the printer to assist you better.

I have checked the records and found a software to print photos from your printer.

You can use HP Photo Creations software to print photos from your printer.

Free software to design, print, and share amazing photo keepsakes

You can download HP photo creating software using this link.

Also, you can try the steps recommended below.

Open folder that contains photos you want to print > select photos to print > R/Click on photo > from selection box > select 'Print"  > in "Print Pictures' selection box (Insert) > select Printer , etc, > select # of photos per page > select 'Print'.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Hope this answers your query! 
Have a wonderful day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi mommatnt.

You're probably thinking of Photosmart Essential. HP replaced that program with HP Photo Creations many years ago. You may still be able to find Essential, but it's not designed for newer versions of Windows. HP Photo Creations runs on Windows 7, 8, and 10, as well as macOS 10.9 and up. 

Note that HP Photo Creations is not a direct replacement for the older program; HP Photo Creations is designed for creative printing. Let us know what you wanted to do with Essential and we'll try to suggest a path in HP Photo Creations.

For simple photo printing, you'll find a variety of sizes in HP Photo Creations' Prints menu. To print multiple photos on a single page, select the multi-up prints project. To add embellishments like graphics, borders, and text, choose a collage print project instead.

HP Photo Creations is a free download for macOS and Windows at www.hp.com/go/hppc. The links below have tips and tutorials.

A 4x6 Quick Print in HP Photo CreationsA 4x6 Quick Print in HP Photo Creations

Hope this helps,

RocketLife

RocketLife, developer of HP Photo Creations
HP Recommended

No problem with my new printer. Just lost the software that came with my old printer. The software or program was differnt from these you talk about. It actually brought up a box that let you put in the size. Any size you wanted. You picked the photo and it showed you how you could edit it. The difference was I didn't need to pick regular sizes. I could type in 1x1 size or 2x5 and it would bring up a page of that size. The easiest program by all means. I wish I could remember the number of the HP Printer I had but I tossed it and my new one did not come with that program. The program was still on my computor and could use itbut my computor crashed and I lost everything...unless I take it in and the can get all my stuff of it. I might have to give that a try but yet I don't know if the program will work with my new windows 10.

Thanks anyway!

HP Recommended

Why must I buy a 'Premium Editing Features' just to adjust the border width? Come on guys,...Canon and Epson provide those 'features' for free.

HP Recommended

Hi Mr. Zawari.

Thank you for posting. The Premium Editing Features upgrade in HP Photo Creations offers far more than just border-width adjustment. But point taken — every developer decides what features (if any) to provide for free, and our choices won't match everyone's priorities. 

This video shows a few of the other enhancements that come with the upgrade. Even without the upgrade, HP Photo Creations offers features and looks not found in other printing software. We also release dozens of free new templates every month, so we hope your download of HP Photo Creations becomes more valuable over time.

Please let us know if you have additional questions or suggestions. I'll be happy to forward them to our development team.

Warmly,

RocketLife

HP Recommended

You did away with HP Photo Creations om Nov/2019.  I used it for years being it was very user friendly and offered many options. What are you offering in its place!?

HP Recommended

You did away with HP Photo Creations. I used it for years being it was very user friendly and offered many options. What are you offering in its place!?

HP Recommended

Hello Fritz. 

Thank you for writing, and for your longtime support.

There is no direct replacement for HP Photo Creations. HP is soliciting ideas for future programs at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/DPSWN6V. You can also contact HP Photo Creations customer support at www.hp.com/go/supportform.

HP Recommended

I have the HP photo Printing software that you are looking for. It is presently running on Win 7 having been moved form an HP   cmptr. running win XP. It is a great program .I use it all the time, so I know how much you must miss it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.