Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart C5180
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I use HP Solution Center for scanning.  After the last updates it does not work any longer. When trying to scan the button just flashes.

In the log the following occurs:

Felet uppstod i programmet med namn: hpqtra08.exe, version 140.0.297.0, tidsstämpel 0x4dbb6e61
, felet uppstod i modulen med namn: unknown, version 0.0.0.0, tidsstämpel 0x00000000
Undantagskod: 0xc0000005
Felförskjutning: 0x30303030
Process-ID: 0x1ed0
Programmets starttid: 0x01d3166e4cc01d4c
Sökväg till program: C:\Users\Alf\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\hpqtra08.exe
Sökväg till modul: unknown
Rapport-ID: e7ca6312-f710-4df6-9eb6-e24648b43c06
Fullständigt namn på felaktigt paket:
Program-ID relativt till felaktigt paket:

The Windows updates that were installed are:

KB4034674 and

KB4034662

Thanks for hints.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply!

I tried all suggested actions to recover Solution Center but all failed.

Instead I now use the HP Scan and Capture app wich is OK for my purpose.

Regards

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@AlfSabel

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. I came across your post and would like to help. 

I understand that you have an HP Photosmart C5180 All-in-One Printer and the HP Solution Center no longer works post Win10 updates. 

I did some research and found that for some printers the HP Solution Center may not work in Win10. It's actually replaced by a program called the HP Printer Assistant. However, before we come to a conclusion, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Please refer to "What if I can't find or use Solution Center after upgrading Windows?" from this HP article.
  • Please download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor software. This is a free tool for Windows to help resolve issues with the printer drivers/software. 

If the HP Solution Center still does not work then suggest you to uninstall the existing printer drivers from the root level and then reinstall the fresh set of drivers/software for Win10. The following steps will help:

NOTE: If the HP Solution Center is part and parcel of the drivers then it will get installed with the drivers. Else you need to use the HP Printer Assistant. Alternately, if you were using the Solution Center for scanning and now cannot scan then try using the HP Scan and Capture app. This is a free app developed by HP for scanning in Win8 and Win10.

• In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
  • Select your HP printer.
  • Select Uninstall.
  • In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
  • In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
  • Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
  • Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
  • Click on Drivers tab.
  • Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
  • Select OK.
  • Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
  • Close Devices and Printers.
  • You may download and install the drivers from this link.

I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. Please feel free to let me know how it goes. Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply!

I tried all suggested actions to recover Solution Center but all failed.

Instead I now use the HP Scan and Capture app wich is OK for my purpose.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.