Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

With the latest HP Smart App Update to version 126.1.14.0, I now receive a message "printer status unknown" from HP Smart app, BUT my printer is printing fine from the web and stand-alone software; I can also check/access everything through the app.  I've updated drivers, reinstalled my printer and ran the scan doctor - all to no avail.  I used to check my ink levels on HP Smart, but for some reason that's the one thing that the app is not allowing me to do.  The upside is that the error is not affecting my ability to print and I can check my ink levels on my printer concole..

I have removed the update HP Smart App and re-installed it with no changes.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@RK3091

You just have to reinstall the app from Microsoft Store.

Uninstall the app first > Click on - HP Smart - Microsoft Store 

Let me know how it goes.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@RK3091, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I understand you are able to print using the HP Smart app but it shows the printer is offline. There is an update available with version 12.6.2.

Kindly update the app or you may reinstall it to get the updated version installed to resolve this issue.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your response Kumaro, however, I am unable to find the HP Smart App Update12.6.2 that you directed me to install, as my Windows 10 Apps Do Not have it as an option to download and install.

Is there another way that I can obtain this App Update? I even checked the HP Web Site and it did not have an updated app.

Please advise.

Thank you.

HP Recommended

@RK3091

Let me know how it goes.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Kumar0307,

You are my HERO! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!

I cannot Thank You Enough.

Your suggestion did the trick!

I am just a bit puzzled why the HP Smart App Update that you had me update to did not appear in the list of apps available to update directly from the Microsoft Store.

HP Recommended

@RK3091

You are welcome. It could be a glitch that the update for the app did not appear. 

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I need to download an executable version of HP Smart.  The Microsoft store version refuses to install the app.  There is no trace of HP Smart left in my system, but I keep getting this error when trying to install:

HP Smart Win10 install error.jpg

Just bought the 8030e all-in-one, and I get this error every time I try to install through the Microsoft Store.   Thanks--someone at HP is bound to have an exe of HP Smart that I could obtain.

Thank You!

PS:  The enclosed image file displays properly in Preview mode (.jpeg), but doesn't when I post...?...don't know what's up with that! 

HP Recommended

Walt,

After I completely removed my HP Smart App from my machine, I rebooted my machine.

I followed the instructions below that were provided by an HP Employee and it worked for me (see below as provided by HP Employee:

HP Recommended

I have the same issue.  The version from the Microsoft store is 126.2.222.0  Is this the most current?  If not, I am not seeing anything more recent in the Microsoft Store.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.