Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 3830
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My printer stopped scanning today - I am able to print, but when I try to open HP Smart, it won't load and either closes out completely or it will sit on the "Loading HP Cloud services" screen and not do anything.  I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling my printer and I've also deleted HP Smart and reinstalled it.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I found it, too, hidden in the notifications on this site. Try the HP Scan and Capture. That one worked for me. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/hp-scan-and-capture/9wzdncrfhwl0?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Same exact thing happened to me today.  After reinstalling HP Smart, I was unable to complete setup. I got error code UU_599_XXXXXXX.

HP Recommended

That's the same error code I got, too!

HP Recommended

Add me to the list, too. So frigging frustrating! I, too, have rebooted, deleted and reinstalled the app without any luck.

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

I found it, too, hidden in the notifications on this site. Try the HP Scan and Capture. That one worked for me. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/hp-scan-and-capture/9wzdncrfhwl0?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

HP Recommended

Awesome! Just downloaded that and I'm able to scan again! Thanks!! 

HP Recommended

This is frigging ridiculous.  All of a sudden not to be able to have the HP Smart app work.  AND no real information when you run the HP Doctor, load the Support Assistant, check the support options, etc. 

I tried the link to HP Scan and Capture - and get another error code while trying to download that. 

REALLY!!!!!! 

I need the scanner to work....

HP Recommended

Per HP customer service, on 2/22 HP Smart crashed due to HP's ridiculous SOP to house a simple device driver in a centralized server and software setup rather than providing customers with basic driver functions.  

Question is why risk this outcome and royally PO so many customers.

IMO it's because HP is incessantly trying to obtain customer data and usage so they can carpetbomb us with more sales efforts such as their ink service.

Instead, we cannot use our devices so will go elsewhere, anywhere, so we might perform basic tasks from basic devices.

HP Recommended

Now that I've spent some time searching HP Smart issues on this forum, it is obvious that HP Smart has had problems well before this 2/22 crash, including;

- Intermittent systemwide HP Smart crashes/glitches going back 18+ months

- Constant lagging load times with HP Cloud to get HP Smart functionality

- Repetitive keystrokes/inputs to get to simple all-in-one execution functions

- Repetitive and invasive requests by HP to enable customer usage and feedback, all of which have been ignored

Are you listening HP?  You need to drop HP Smart and go back to customer controlled drivers.  Stop trying to make it rocket science to get to customer data, usage, monthly subscription income streams.

Get the customer what they want.  A reliable simple device: printer, fax, scan, copy. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.