Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 9025 All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

HP Smart is unable to login returning Error Code: OW_500_OWSID00001. Through testing with my company support team, it was confirmed that this is caused by the fact that my company uses Zscaler for internet security. When Zscaler is deactivated the HP Smart works normally, hence the domain used by the app for the authentication needs to be added to Zscaler whitelist. I am also able to login to HP Smart online (Browser) even when Zscaler is activated, hence the issue is limited to the application in the Windows environment (currently using Win 10 64-bit and latest version of Zscaler - reinstalled yesterday). 

The support team requested for the FQDN (Full Qualified Domain) used by the app to be able to whitelist it. Can someone from HP support team provide this information? I have a case open and I am waiting for HP Support team call, but it has been days without a contact already.

Additional info: Through TCP tracing we were able to verify that the HP authentication calls for AuthHost.exe and connects to Amazon AWS servers, but we would like to confirm the main domain(s) used by the app so it can be added to the Zscaler bypass rules.

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I have escalated your post in hopes that someone directly from HP can provide those details for you.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Thank you, Repairatrooper. Anyone from HP monitoring this community who can address the question above? I have a case open with HP for more than a week now as well and there is no response. My company's support team is asking for the full URLs that need to be whitelisted. We tried to monitor the app connections using Fiddler, but the app behaves erratically and won't connect to the internet with some network monitoring tools, so a quick response would be greatly appreciated. 

HP Recommended

Any updates, please? Anyone from HP support team who can answer this question?
[Content Removed]

HP Recommended

I also need the URLs to whitelist. You would think this would be very easy for a support team to answer. ALL software should have their required domains listed on their website or in their help. It would help to greatly improve internet security. Its not like its unkown, they know exactly what is needed. Just tell us so we can move on with our lives!!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.