Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet 4500
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I've used HP Smart with my Officejet 4500 for years without any problem.

With the last version (120.1.741.0), released some days ago, the HP smart is not able to find the printer.

I try to follow the wizard to add a new printer but the software said that there isn't any USB printer connected (the printer is well connected).

In the HP smart home page I see as printer "Photosmart all-in-one printer scanner"; in the setting menu I see:

- name: HP Officejet 4500 G510n-z fax

- status: off-line (even if the printer is connected and powered on)

- model name: Photosmart all-in-one printer scanner

- status installation: not installed

- connection tybe: usb

- connection status: inactive

Any solution to the problem?

BR

Davide

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Solved, I've just bought a new printer.

BR

Davide

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23
HP Recommended

None can help me?

HP Recommended

@dmanconi

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Uninstall and reinstall the HP Smart App.

Also, let's try a firmware updatehttps://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02919168

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello,

HP smart il already the last version; unfortunatly I would said, with the prevously version I didn't have any problem.

It' seem there is not any firmware upgrade available. The are 3 ways to update firmware printers:

1) update from the printer - feature not availabe for officejet 4500

2) download form from hp web site - no firmware avilable

3) install through HP smart app - impossible beacuse HP smart app doesn't find the printer

I connect the printer with WIFI instead of USB but the problem remain, HP smart app doesn't recognize the printer.

BR

Davide

HP Recommended

Then you can install the full feature drivers from here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello,

the driver is already installed with full feautures.

BR

Davide

HP Recommended

Is that working? If it is, you can use that to print/scan. They will release a firmware shortly to fix the HP Smart App issue.

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I mean:

with the standard driver I can print and scan with USB connection;

with HP Smart I cannot because HP Smart don't find any USB printer.

When you said firmware, it's reletead to Officejet 4500 firmware or it will be released a new version of HP smart?

BR

Davide

HP Recommended

It will be for the Printer.

Also, you can connect your Printer wirelessly and print/scan using the standard printer software and drivers.

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello,

do you have an idea of when the printer firmware will be released?

BR

Davide

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.