Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M479fdw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Trying to save a scanned document using HP Smart App, the dialog box is off the screen. If I resize the screen or use in full screen mode, the dialog box moves so its always off the screen regardless of the window size. This happens on all computers using the app.

2021-10-14 10_58_01-Visual Studio Installer.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi guys,

Please download and install the latest HP Smart update from the Microsoft Store, I believe this should resolve this problem:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-billing/get-updates-for-apps-and-games-in-microsoft-stor...

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please right-click your desktop background and select Display Settings.

What are the screen resolution and scaling settings of your computer?

ShlomiL_0-1634237652914.png

Additionally, from your screenshot I do see the option is offset but quite visible, are you able to save the files and refer to the cosmetic aspect, or you cannot save the file? please clarify the exact behavior occurs.

Shlomi

HP Recommended

Screen resolution and scaling attached. The other computers experiencing the same issue probably have different settings. I presume there a cancel button off the screen, because the only way that I can see to cancel or go back is to close the application entirely and re-launch it (which is quite slow to launch).

2021-10-14 12_57_24-Settings.jpg

HP Recommended

I have a M148fdw and I am having the same issue.  Any help would be appreciated

HP Recommended

I am having the same issue when saving scans with HP Smart and my 4100 series.  For first few weeks using this software no problem, dialogue box showed both SAVE and CANCEL options on monitor.  Now on two different computers in my home the dialogue box is cut off.  Software still scans and I can still see the SAVE option so I can continue, but it's annoying.  What has caused this change in display??

HP Recommended

I'm personally not able to replicate any similar behavior with my printers, with the latest HP Smart 131.1.242.0, I'm personally using the maximum resolution of 1920 x 1080 for my screen size, so this is possible that this behavior may only visible with higher screen resolutions for bigger size screens.

@steve10185, @pkushner - could you please share your Display Resolution too, to get some better understanding of any possible cause for this behavior and better understand what may cause this behavior.

@Mike0846- from your screenshot I can see the Custom Scaling Setting link is red although set to 100% in general, please click this and check its internal settings, may you have a custom scaling value set there? such behavior would likely be related with the display settings, so trying to figure the differences among us.

Shlomi

HP Recommended

I'm using the recommended resolution for my dell laptop, 1366x768.  I have not changed this setting, it worked without incident before using HP Smart scanning.  I first noticed the problem maybe ten days ago.  I don't know if there was a windows update that caused it, but the only thing impacted on my end is HP Smart scanning.

Are there any settings within HP Smart that I can adjust or reset?

HP Recommended

@shlomil I'm not sure why the text is red; I'm using a laptop today (a different computer than the first), attached is the display settings, a screen print of the scan window (in full screen mode). This computer does not have the red text. I can look at the other computer on Monday. Thanks for your help!

2021-10-16 14_55_18-Settings.jpg2021-10-16 14_54_21-.jpg

HP Recommended

Scale and layout

Size of text apps and other items is at 100% (Recommended) 

Display resolution 1920 x 1080 (recommended)

Display Orientation Landscape.  

Thank you for your help! 

HP Recommended

I have the same problem. Software version is 131.1.242.0. The "solution" with changing resolution and scaling are just workarounds. It is a bug in the software which HP needs to fix.

Thank you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.