Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Office Jet Pro 9018e

HP Smart won't download onto MAC, keep getting the message "can't be installed on Macintosh HD, because macOS version 10.14 or later is required.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@maritchie

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

What's the current version of MAC installed?

Make sure you install the HP Smart App from the MAC App Store.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

That did not help

HP Recommended

Hello Marichie,

Not enough information has been provided to offer assistance.

What is your current MacOS version? 

I am not an HP employee. I deal with HP product re-salers as an IT support rep, and I aim to assist users experiencing software/connectivity related printing issues.
HP Recommended

Hello,

Unable to download and install the HP Smart printer app

Check requirements and settings to install HP Smart on a MacBook or iMac, or use an alternative method to set up the printer if necessary.

• Your computer must meet HP Smart system requirements. If you get an app store message that your computer is unsupported, check the system requirements in the app information.

JessikaV_2-1675949361729.png
    • Make sure your Mac is connected to an active internet connection.

• Disconnect your Mac from a Virtual Private Network (VPN) before downloading the app.

• Check if your printer supports HP Smart. Go to Mobile printing solutions for HP printers to see if your printer is compatible.

If your printer or computer does not meet the requirements, or download issues persist, use an alternate setup method.

Go to 123.hp.com/setup. Follow the guided steps to install the recommended print driver and software and complete the setup.

If the software is not available for your printer, go to HP printer setup (Mac built-in driver) to set up the printer with Apple drivers.

Install HP Smart app to complete setup and support

JessikaV
    HP Support Community Administrator

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.