Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet 6310 All in One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

"HP Solution Center" WAS a Great dashboard for my OfficeJet 6310. Now that it is not supported, "HP Smart" shows it is compatible with that printer. I have reloaded the drivers for the printer, I have installed HP Smart, but it will not recognize the printer and i cannot manually enter the printer. I am printing using an ethernet cable from a router, which again worked flawlessly in HP Solutions Center. PLEASE HELP!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@cwsmoove

Well HP did not discontinue HP Solutions Center. Adobe has permanently disabled the Flash Player as of 12-Jan-2021, and as the HP Solution center software is based on Flash, it may not work as expected. 

Here are two other compatible scanning apps, which can be used to scan your photo or document:

1. HP Scan Extended: You can Download-Save-Install > HP Scan Extended  

Or--

1. HP Scan and Capture: You can download and Install HP Scan and Capture app from the Microsoft store. Here is the link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store
    For more information on how to use this app, refer: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04675206

NOTE: You must have the HP printer driver software installed on the computer to use these apps. If you did not uninstall HP Printer driver software, then you should have it already.

OPTIONAL: Add HP Scan Extended shortcut to Taskbar / Send to Desktop / Pin to Start

• Open File Explorer > Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\HP Scan Extended\bin
  • Right-Click exe > Select Pin to Taskbar / Send to Desktop / Pin to Start

HP Scan Extended features include (and are not limited to): Single, Multiple scans, Image, and PDF scans, Email as PDF / JPEG, Source selection, Page Size choices include Auto-Detect (extracts image/document boundary).  May include OCR (Save as Editable Text).

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@cwsmoove, Welcome to HP Support Community!

No, the printer is not compatible with HP Smart App.

I would suggest you try the Windows built-in drivers. Follow the steps below:

•    Go to Control Panel - Devices and printers - Click on "Add printer" and follow the on-screen instructions.

•    When the page prompts for the drivers, select "Windows update". The driver list will be updated.

•    Click HP, Hewlett Packard, or Hewlett-Packard in the Manufacturer pane, and then click the name of your printer in the Printers pane.

Refer to this document HP Printers - Installing and Using the Windows Built-in Print Driver for help

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

So here is the problem TEJ1602; the printer driver IS working on my Windows 10, HOWEVER I have no "interface" that "HP Solutions Center" used to provide me. i.e. scanning, ink levels, preview; etc. The 6310 worked ideally with HPSC, and now i have nothing; unless of course you can suggest another interface. I also noticed now that i am in the "community" that i am not the only one that is dismayed that HP discontinued that excellent feature...

HP Recommended

@cwsmoove

Well HP did not discontinue HP Solutions Center. Adobe has permanently disabled the Flash Player as of 12-Jan-2021, and as the HP Solution center software is based on Flash, it may not work as expected. 

Here are two other compatible scanning apps, which can be used to scan your photo or document:

1. HP Scan Extended: You can Download-Save-Install > HP Scan Extended  

Or--

1. HP Scan and Capture: You can download and Install HP Scan and Capture app from the Microsoft store. Here is the link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store
    For more information on how to use this app, refer: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04675206

NOTE: You must have the HP printer driver software installed on the computer to use these apps. If you did not uninstall HP Printer driver software, then you should have it already.

OPTIONAL: Add HP Scan Extended shortcut to Taskbar / Send to Desktop / Pin to Start

• Open File Explorer > Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\HP Scan Extended\bin
  • Right-Click exe > Select Pin to Taskbar / Send to Desktop / Pin to Start

HP Scan Extended features include (and are not limited to): Single, Multiple scans, Image, and PDF scans, Email as PDF / JPEG, Source selection, Page Size choices include Auto-Detect (extracts image/document boundary).  May include OCR (Save as Editable Text).

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Good Stuff; thank you TEJ1602 !

HP Recommended

@cwsmoove

You're welcome 🙂

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have the same question, and I appreciate the info on the other possible apps.  My issue is slightly different though - my ancient (but still perfect for my needs) Photosmart C7280 works fine with HP Smart from my iOS devices, but the Win 10 HP Smart app can't find it.  Is that by design?

Sure miss the all-in-one functionality of Support Assistant, warts and all!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.